I think I read in a review that the N900 comes with a charger converter so you can use the old Nokia chargers to charge the device. But my box does not have this. Have I been given an incomplete box or was the reviewer assuming it would be in the box because the converter came with the N97?

On a separate note I thought you could select to have the screen vibrate when you make a selection. I assume this is under Settings>Display>Touch Screen Vibration. I have that option selected but my screen does not vibrate. Do I have a faulty screen?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I got one with the pre-production loan unit, Nokia lent us at the Maemo summit in Amsterdam.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I think I read in a review that the N900 comes with a charger converter so you can use the old Nokia chargers to charge the device. But my box does not have this. Have I been given an incomplete box or was the reviewer assuming it would be in the box because the converter came with the N97?
Please see the "What's in the box" section of the "Technical specifications" page on Maemo.Nokia.com. One Nokia CA-146C charger adapter should be in each box.

On a separate note I thought you could select to have the screen vibrate when you make a selection. I assume this is under Settings>Display>Touch Screen Vibration.
Correct on both counts.

I have that option selected but my screen does not vibrate. Do I have a faulty screen?
You possibly have a problem with the vibration motor or its controller. When the function is working, you should, in addition feeling the vibration itself, be able to hear a small noise from the vibration motor each time it activates.

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
On a slightly different note...it would have been good had Nokia included a nice leather case with the N900, like they do on the E series.

The Following User Says Thank You to mchu6am4 For This Useful Post:
I also didn't get the adapter, I contacted Nokia and they stated that it's not included in the retail packaging

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by mchu6am4 View Post
On a slightly different note...it would have been good had Nokia included a nice leather case with the N900, like they do on the E series.
Great ones on the E71 i have - but my E63 turned up this morning with no case - so it seems to be selected models only

I just got the N900 from the NYC Flagship store and it also didnt have the charger converter. In fact I was searching high and low for the converter thinking it must be tucked in somewhere.

The charger converter was a great thing to have - so you could reuse the old chargers and also use my existing car charger.
Got to ask the store why this was left out if it indeed is supposed to be part of the retail box.

Edit : Just checked the N900 on the Nokiausa site for the retail N900 and it does not mention the charger converter on the "whats in the box" section though.

What's in the box? >

* Nokia N900
* Nokia Battery (BL-5J)
* Nokia High-efficiency Charger (AC-10U)
* Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-205)
* Video out cable (CA-75)
* Cleaning cloth

Last edited by nilchak; 2009-12-01 at 15:34.

UK NOS still advertises it as being in the box ...

http://shop.nokia.co.uk/nokia-uk/pro...&culture=en-GB

* Nokia N900
* Nokia Battery BL-5J
* Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-10
* Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205
* Nokia Video out cable CA-75U
* Nokia microUSB charger adapter CA-146C
* Cleaning cloth

I got the following:

* Nokia N900
* Nokia Battery BL-5J
* Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-10
* Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205
* Nokia Video out cable CA-75U
* Nokia microUSB charger adapter CA-146C
* Cleaning cloth

Maybe there's a global shortage of adapters, which will explain why there appears to be plenty of stock in the US but none this side of the pond.

Tags
accessories, adapter, box, ca-146c, charger adapter, charging, contents, in the box, n900, power, regional difference, retail