• unlock bootloader with CMD: oem unlock

Now you can't do these two things

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
just noticed booting vs writing at which it fails :/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I did (as root, in terminal)
mount my sdcard in /media
dd if=/media/mmcblk0p17 of=/dev/mmcblk0p17

And, my device is back in 'unlocked' state (oem unlock) I can fastboot boot custom kernel, and - the device boots and seems to work

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
We are working on that future update will bring you better recovery image, which will allow dropping you into shell (if there is devicelock set, it queries the lockcode) where you can do the similar kind of dd etc commands like you did with your custom kernel image.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Germany
I don't want any better recovery image. I want the ability to boot what ever I want. Which a unlocked bootloader will do.

Why not give the possibility to unlock bootloader with device wipe, like google and sony do?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Gonna make MULTIPLE backups of mmcblk0p17 image for sure I dont want to loose that copy

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Gonna make MULTIPLE backups of mmcblk0p17 image for sure I dont want to loose that copy
a factory reset doesn't bring it back? It was supposed to reset to 1.0.1.10 state so you had to update to 12 manually (and no info about such feature in .2.5 so expecting the same)

The reliance on boot security is plain stupidity. The only safe way to ensure data security is encryption. There will always be some kind of security holes in linux kernel

SO GIVE US AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
I don't want any better recovery image. I want the ability to boot what ever I want. Which a unlocked bootloader will do.

Why not give the possibility to unlock bootloader with device wipe, like google and sony do?
In future there might come ability to do oem unlock with imei specific passport file, but there is no info yet about which update that will come if at all.

But you can still flash back your old p17 as we are _not_ going to prevent flaghing or downgrading from rootshell. But we are trying to protect normal end user against device theft and data theft. Thats why future revocery image will query your devicelock code if that has been set.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I would like to not flash my bootloader. This is the riskiest operation I could imagine.

I'm at the point where my loyalty for your platform comes to an end.

If you write openess on your flags you should deliver it.

I don't see why this bootloader update today was necessary.

Anyone who depends on data security for this BETA PLATFORM at the moment is mentally not clear.

My jolla goes in to the bay on sunday. If someone wants to make a good offer go ahead and PM me

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post: