Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Focsani, Romania
Hi.
Some weeks back I have bought a second hand n900 for testing the non safe stuff. i bought it real cheap and i thought it was a good bargain, but it turned out it has no working usb.
I considered nitdroid,so installed multiboot. after i installed it, i restarted the phone with the keyboard slide open and pressed "0" for maemo. It didn`t work. It didn`t show me the loading dots or the regional settings. I wanted to reflash it, but no usb. thought it was the classic usb problem, but after replacing my usb port, the guys from the service said only the charging worked. i tried using the test pad with a cut usb cable but windows didn`t recognize the phone.
What I am asking is did multiboot deleted the OS?
Is there any hope to reflash it, given the usb problem?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
it can be reflashed by soldering the usb port or jumpering some wires via the service ports better take it to service center if they have the tools they will reflash it via fbus.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
if you have extras devel enabled and installed Nitdroid with auto-installer then it probably installed KP52 which no longer support multiboot. i think that is the reason why your phone is not booting.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Focsani, Romania
Thanks for the replies.
I took it to a service and they said they couldn't flash it with box and that my usb connection was broken, on the mainboard. i say they are idiots, but that service is the best in my city.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
they coudnt flash with a box ??what damm box and why was the usb even needed ?? lol