Notices

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Seattle, WA, USA
Can you try it with Pidgin and report back success/failure, Laughing Man?

tso, yes, that is a problem. I will think about how to make it possible to re-enable MicroB.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Will this work for the stylus rss applet?

Originally Posted by xiojason View Post
Can you try it with Pidgin and report back success/failure, Laughing Man?

tso, yes, that is a problem. I will think about how to make it possible to re-enable MicroB.
I will later once I get it working.. right now it just opens up Tear and does nothing. Even if I use Mauku or the RSS feed reader and tell it to open the link again, Tear just sits there doing nothing.

Edit: Yeah.. don't know if it's on my end (e.g. user error though I followed the instructions and double checked files were editted and chmodded) but nothing happens if I try to open a URL. If Tear isn't open, it'll open Tear but just remain at the dashboard screen.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-07-14 at 02:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Interesting. I think I may have found an issue (leftover capitalization hack problem from the first osso-xterm hack).

Please re-download and replace the script and try it again.

(I just tried a link from Mauku and it worked for me.)

"open x in a browser" command in mauku works, the command to open a link does not. In addition, I'm getting two instances of Tear open each time: the desired page in one, my homepage in the other. On the bright side, the default bookmark panel now works with Tear! (albeit with the double instance issue)

Originally Posted by sds910 View Post
"open x in a browser" command in mauku works, the command to open a link does not. In addition, I'm getting two instances of Tear open each time: the desired page in one, my homepage in the other. On the bright side, the default bookmark panel now works with Tear! (albeit with the double instance issue)
Yup same issue here and rss feed reader doesn't open anything. Pidgin links don't do anything. Not even an open web notification.

edit: figured out the mauku issue. if links are at the end of a tweet it works. in the beginning and nothing will happen.

edit2: rss feed works

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-07-14 at 03:42.

This is true: if Tear is not running, the first launch will launch one Dashboard as well as the link to be opened. I suggest keeping one page open in Tear until I can get that better sorted.

I'm not sure what would prevent opening links in Mauku from working; bit.ly, tinyurl, and blip.fm links, as well as "Open foo in a browser" works for me.

@LaughingMan... I'll have to dispute that; I can make some end-of-tweet links open, but not all.
@xiojason: even keeping a Tear window open doesn't prevent a 2nd instance from launching when opening a link via mauku.

Laughing Man, sds910: I would very much like to figure out what is keeping browser-proxy.py from working properly for you when it appears to be working well for me (aside from the Dashboard-on-first-launch problem). If you wish, contact me at xiojason@gmail.com (email or GoogleTalk is fine). Thanks!

sure, i'll contact you tomorrow as i'm about to head to bed.

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit