Originally Posted by baem90 View Post
so expensive...
Expensive is subjective

Anyways, what better way to support the community and the developers who shares their time and effort but to purchase anything they have given back to the community....

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
suggestion: to be able to activate some discreet notification on the lock/feeds/homescreen that some filtered calls/sms exist... let's say sligthly different colored dots in digital clock on the lock screen, and tiny icon on the status tray bar when on feeds/homescreen...

[tw] @kegnatz

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
suggestion: to be able to activate some discreet notification on the lock/feeds/homescreen that some filtered calls/sms exist... let's say sligthly different colored dots in digital clock on the lock screen, and tiny icon on the status tray bar when on feeds/homescreen...
Or, the app icon's color itself changes when the app is active or not..

Another suggestion is an option in the settings to automatically start upon power-up or phone restart.

BTW, do you see any option to include words or part of an SMS that can be filtered and blocked?

china mobile carrier network? are you working in china? or are you a chinese?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Wow, sounds good. Add in the proactive IP firewall function (Firewall IP on iOS style) and I'll pay 35 USD for this 4ppzlication.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Or, the app icon's color itself changes when the app is active or not..
well my point was that You're always able to see if there was some filtered call/sms... without entering homescreen/folder/app/log...

Another suggestion is an option in the settings to automatically start upon power-up or phone restart.
haven't checked that yet, thought it's started automatically by default... You're right - that is the essential feature... will post when checked...

BTW, do you see any option to include words or part of an SMS that can be filtered and blocked?
can't find it... nice idea, though...

[tw] @kegnatz

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
china mobile carrier network? are you working in china? or are you a chinese?
Yes he confirmed that in the other thread.

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
well my point was that You're always able to see if there was some filtered call/sms... without entering homescreen/folder/app/log...

haven't checked that yet, thought it's started automatically by default... You're right - that is the essential feature... will post when checked...

can't find it... nice idea, though...
Ah, I see your point If ever there's an option for the notification, I hope it can be toggled on or off as well.

You mean the app starts by default once it's openned? How do we turn this off?

Now wondering how much power this app consumes... I started a subjective test. Fully charged the phone an hour and 36 mins to go. This app open, as well as, 2 SIP accounts, Twitter, FB, GTalk and Skype. Utilizing WiFi network in the same area.

So far 96% Battery life

No work for me tomorrow so I can tinker this app over the weekend

[OFF-TOPIC] When I get the banner, "Either no products have been defined to enter bugs against or you have not been given access to any", does it mean I've been banned from submitting a BUG in Bugzilla?!? I tried to post a bug/feature request (not related to this) and I cant.. bummer [/OFF-TOPIC]

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-03-08 at 13:49.

Thank you for your review!

What it can't do:
• Block SIP calls (I got a couple of SIP accounts) and testing this app does not block calls to them.
L32606: Yes, the released version don't support to block VOIP call. I'll add it to my ToDo list.

Suggestion/s:
• Option to export/import black/white lists
L32606: TODO list

• Option to divert calls to another number.
L32606: I understand you mean It's a screen action that can make a call forwarding to another number? I am afraid that maybe it have to be charged for it by operator...at least in my country...

• Ability to add words in the blacklist for SMS filtering
L32606: not support yet, Not for technical reasons, just for performance and fault positive reasons. But if needed, I can do that.

• The 'Start-up' screen needs more tinkering. It does not fully show and is in landscape mode in the N9
L32606: actually I made the slash pic what you have seen is for art reason, maybe I'm wrong...

Observation/s:
• In the Call logs, the number does not register the international format (+ [country code]) only the local area code (0.XXX.[telephone number]). However, in the Blocked SMS log, it shows the complete numbering format, (+ [country code], [area code], [telephone number]
L32606: same with me. I think the incoming call does not carry the area code by network operator, but SMS does. I am not a expert on mobile communication techinical but if it is very important, maybe I can hack that...
• Cannot filter words in the SMS for blocking. (If there's this option, kindly point me to the right direction.)
L32606: same with above...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Thank you, Zelig!

the other bug is not really a bug, at least as I am aware - it's the "good old" feature - when receiving call from some contact from Your black list - sound, and visual notification appears, but only for an instance... it varies from one tenth of a second upto to two seconds... that "feature" was also in all of the symbian apps - it has something to do with the OS - incoming call just triggers the notifications before any app could react and prevent it... let's hope that Inception will ease the solution of this one...
L32606: I confused, But I'm so clear that you want a sound or notification or not, if a call is blocked for matching a contact from blacklist.

EDIT: and yes - the other side receives the busy tome immediately, unlike on all the other apps of that kind on symbians, when the other side had been receiving tone or two of the normal waiting tone...
L32606: So proud that I optimized the number pattern matching algorithm and the app should be work fine with matching thousands of blacklist very quickly. I've tested under the conditions of 300+ blacklist numbers with 800+ contact number.