Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@aditya_123412
you think programming an easy thing or you think you will just sleep and wake up in the morning and say oh im a programer if you want guides search google btw you will need a year or more to learn that depending on your brain
(dont take me too serious but this is the fact !
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aditya_123412 View Post
Any guides on how to learn Programming for Maemo(Or Linux in general)?
I want to contribute to this project,but I am unfamiliar with this stuff!
I must agree with sifo, more so regarding this project

If you said you wanted to make a GUI to post on twitter you would probably take a few hours to learn that

If you say you want to learn what modifications a linux kernel needs to interact adequately with drivers or modules that are virtually nonexistant together with patching broken Hardware Abstraction Layer sources well... you are pretty much f*cked if you think you can start understanding, never mind patching and fixing, the source for this project

That being said... the more programmers in this world the better, go ahead and learn, if you have a logical brain I am sure you will find it sattisfying

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
I agree to your point,I mostly program on VB.net and stuff,but I feel kind of guilty about not doing anything,and I feel maybe a skill learnt is time well spent.Maybe atleast I'd make a silly widget or two........

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
I have some problems with NITDroid, I installed it on my EMMC (with the 8gig EMMC) with the autoinstaller from the wiki. But it was very unstable and it crashed alot, then I got a shining android logo and NITDroid restarted. after alot of crasher I turned the phone off.

It would boot up again and the OS is damaged, so I need to charge my battery in another phone to flash it back again.

Why could Nitdroid be so unstable? and what is the best way to install it on my EMMC again if I have reflashed the device?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vakkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
any word on voice calling ,GPS and camera issues ?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i dont need gps and camera. but please fix voice calls or atleast fix sms bug.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
i dont need gps and camera. but please fix voice calls or atleast fix sms bug.
Oh, sorry, nobody realized that anyone wanted voice calling. I'll just get ammyt to fix that right away.

</sarcasm>

Ok, Nitdroid has been in development for what? Two years practically? The fact that we still don't have voice calls should indicate that it's not just a simple little thing to fix. People have been working on this. We may get voice calling at some point; there is already some improvement done (you can hear the other end, albeit in poor quality). But this is a big project; it is underway, but there's no point saying "please fix it".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
Oh, sorry, nobody realized that anyone wanted voice calling. I'll just get ammyt to fix that right away.

</sarcasm>

Ok, Nitdroid has been in development for what? Two years practically? The fact that we still don't have voice calls should indicate that it's not just a simple little thing to fix. People have been working on this. We may get voice calling at some point; there is already some improvement done (you can hear the other end, albeit in poor quality). But this is a big project; it is underway, but there's no point saying "please fix it".
yes i know Nitdroid has been in development for about 2 years or may be more and also Nitdroid team is working hard to make it all perfect and working android port for us. im just requesting nothing else.

to me i just replace the init,subsys file some thing like that ,then mobile go,s to reboot red light shoots on ndroid no battery and it was full then rebooted .huge yellow screen comes up all errors and may reboot then reboot and get the ticni colors screen with some squares hahahaha .just flash it agian and all my pdf files erased that was prepared for exams .no one can give us ndroid complete with script only ammyt

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-05-03 at 22:28.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid