Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
@neboja: you mentioned in your first post that you found a way to make a PHONE APP icon (widget in this case) bigger. Could you please advise how? This relates to a brainstorm session I opened

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54919

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by Mike Fr View Post
@neboja: you mentioned in your first post that you found a way to make a PHONE APP icon (widget in this case) bigger. Could you please advise how? This relates to a brainstorm session I opened

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54919

Thanks in advance.
well it is possible in the way, that you can set a size for QBW...
and that you just put a cmd that lunches a phone. AND you just put a image into it, and there it is...
but check the QBW thread for instructions of how to do that

and the cmd for bringing a phone app you can find on wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
well it is possible in the way, that you can set a size for QBW...
and that you just put a cmd that lunches a phone. AND you just put a image into it, and there it is...
but check the QBW thread for instructions of how to do that

and the cmd for bringing a phone app you can find on wiki
You can run every desktop application with a script like this and just replace the image of the beecon with one of your choice/size:

Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:"<application name here>"
where <application name here> is application name that you can find in /usr/share/applications/hildon directory w/o trailing .desktop

Example for launching the image viewer:

Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr /com/nokia/HildonDesktop/AppMgr com.nokia.HildonDesktop.AppMgr.LaunchApplication string:image-viewer
some applications might accept extra parameters by adding extra "string:<parameter here>" to the command

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for all the replies!

Been tweaking around with this a lot and trying to get an all-in-one type thing set up for FM transmitter. Just wondering if anyone knows dbus command to get current song name (if that's at all possible.. and if not.. an alternative way to do it?)

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Been tweaking around with this a lot and trying to get an all-in-one type thing set up for FM transmitter. Just wondering if anyone knows dbus command to get current song name (if that's at all possible.. and if not.. an alternative way to do it?)
Did you find out how to do this? I'm also interested in getting the song name for my qbw!

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Following signal is posted on session DBUS on song change.
Code:
signal sender=:1.44 -> dest=(null destination) serial=562 path=/com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer; interface=com.nokia.mafw.renderer; member=media_changed
   int32 0
   string "localtagfs::music/albums/Venezia%2520è%2520un%2520pesce.%2520Una%2520guida./%2Fmedia%2Fmmc1%2Fmusic%2FScarpa%20Tiziano%20-%20Venezia%20è%20un%20pesce%20-%20Una%20guida%2FScarpa%20Tiziano%20-%20Venezia%20è%20un%20pesce%20-%20Una%20guida%20-%2001%20-%20Presentazione.mp3"
You can experiment a bit with QBW DBUS monitor

Not tried myself, though!
Let me know how/if you managed.

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-10-19 at 19:31.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi, is there a mafw dbus call to just add a new song in the media player? I went though http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control but the dbus call mentioned there for "Open file in media player" opens the media player app and plays it as well.
Is there a way to only add a certain song and not invoke the media player and play it?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Ok, I monitored the dbus commands sent by MediaBox.

Apparently there's a play_uri member in the com.nokia.mafw.renderer interface that takes the file path as the argument. Using this, even if the song still plays, the media player doesn't get invoked.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Lebanon
Sticking to the subject, is there a way to catch (via Dbus) when a phone call ends and a song will resume?

That way we can substitute Headphone Daemon feature. Not that the application is bad or anything but it would be nice to have it in QWB as well (on this occasion thanks to Thomas Perl & No!No!No!Yes! for their apps).

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to karimko For This Useful Post: