Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
As suggested by rickh in this thread, it may be advantageous to create a "For Sale" sub forum to assist both those looking to offload their devices and those looking to buy.

The new sub forum could be located within the Internet Tablets forum, or perhaps in Gen Discussion and make it a more general "For Sale" area (ie. not just internet tablets but related items of interest also).

Bump?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Bump?

There already is a "Deals and Promos" subforum. Any reason why that won't do?

It's not obviously a "For Sale" forum - "Deals & Promos" seems to be for the disucssion of other "stuff", not user to user selling.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
It's not obviously a "For Sale" forum - "Deals & Promos" seems to be for the disucssion of other "stuff", not user to user selling.
"Seems" being the operative term here...

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
There already is a "Deals and Promos" subforum. Any reason why that won't do?
When I originally brought up the "For Sale" subform idea, it was because I had read one too many posts either in the General or Nokia N800 subforums of people wanting to sell their devices.

Honestly, I was more irked at the "I've had this for 1 week (or month, doesn't matter, really) and it doesn't do what I want, so I'm selling it!" ranting than reading that it was for sale.

In any case, the Deals and Promos subforum isn't really working if people are posting everywhere else.

R.
==

Originally Posted by rickh View Post
When I originally brought up the "For Sale" subform idea, it was because I had read one too many posts either in the General or Nokia N800 subforums of people wanting to sell their devices.

Honestly, I was more irked at the "I've had this for 1 week (or month, doesn't matter, really) and it doesn't do what I want, so I'm selling it!" ranting than reading that it was for sale.

In any case, the Deals and Promos subforum isn't really working if people are posting everywhere else.

R.
==
I agree with your beef, but what makes you think that adding another subforum will suddenly invoke an epidemy of discipline?

By making it completely obvious rather than lucky dip?

There is nothing that can be done for those people who can't be bothered to scan the available sub-fora. However since no appropriate sub-forum currently exists it's impossible to say if people are posting in the wrong forum because of laziness, or not.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-05-18 at 01:28.

By making it completely obvious rather than lucky dip?

There is nothing that can be done for those people who can't be bothered to scan the available sub-fora. However since no appropriate sub-forum currently exists it's impossible to say if people are posting in the wrong forum because of laziness, or not.
Well then -- go nuts.

Administrator | Posts: 4 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
Buy & Sell forum created.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...splay.php?f=27

Thanks and sorry for the delay.