This article mentions a separate OS which runs on baseband processors of many mobile devices which come with the radio modem. How does Jolla handle this?

(See also http://events.ccc.de/congress/2011/F...-qcombbdbg.pdf).

Is the device really off when it's "off"? Would be interesting to hear what Jolla has to say about it. Some manufacturers provided comments on this in the past:

https://www.techdirt.com/blog/wirele...l-phones.shtml

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Well the battery is User-replaceable so if you have any doubts you can remove it whenever you like.
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Sure, removing the battery prevents anything from running there (in theory). But it's still good to know what's going on when it's not removed

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-11-14 at 00:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
We're in a similar boat to Android in terms of bootup and base system. We add on to the top, and we take over most everything after bootup.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: