Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
actually - the problem happens ONLY for phone calls recording, not when i activate it manually - pressing the record button manually seems to work ok.
Ahah, thanks, that narrowed it down for me. I've been experimenting with different n900 sources and sinks in Orecchiette, and it looks like one of these experiments crept into the final code -- I was trying to use the "sink.voice" device for the output audio rather than "sink.hw0.monitor", since "source.voice" works so much better than "source.hw0", but it didn't work out for me. However, I apparently failed to switch back to the "sink.hw0.monitor" device for recording calls.

So yeah, I'll push up another bugfix asap.

EDIT: Orecchiette 0.3.5 now on its way up to extras-devel.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-07-11 at 13:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
Thank you for the update.
Do you think that the phone calls recording function could be managed with a service or a status menu applet to avoid to keep the app always open?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Do you think that the phone calls recording function could be managed with a service or a status menu applet to avoid to keep the app always open?
Hmm. I have actually learned a lot about applets / widgets in the last year or so; I could probably pull it off. (I'm still nervous about creating an applet that can consume massive amounts of CPU, but otherwise it shouldn't be too much of a problem...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
@Copernicus
Thank you for the update.
0.3.5 seems to have solved the problem - thanks.

Such a feature would be great since this app is always running on my device (i'm using it to record ALL calls). would be very nice if no UI will be needed.

Copernicus - i asked you this in the past - have you managed to take a look if it's possible to record the voice of the other party we're talking to while using A BT device? when i'm using BT, only my own voice is heard...

One more very nice feature will be to have the the other party in the call's phone number in the possible list of parameters in the file name format - what i'm doing today is using dbus and keep the the other party's number and call start time in a file, and when the call ends - i use this data to change the last aac created file to this format:
Rec-[phone number]-[date]-[call start time]-[call end time].aac

this is very useful in maintaining the exact time of the calls if it ever needs to be checked.

Last edited by impeham; 2015-07-12 at 06:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Is it or would it be possible to include an option to, when recording phone calls, seperate each caller on a seperate channel (stereo for example?)

Meaning my voice would be channel L or 1
other persons voice would be channel R or 2

I saw there is a channel option for AAC settings, but not sure if that would seperate the two sources into easily editable audio files for a sound project..hope to hear

Thank you for little ear in any case

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
Is it or would it be possible to include an option to, when recording phone calls, seperate each caller on a seperate channel (stereo for example?)
Interesting! Orecchiette does retrieve the input and output audio as two different streams, and combines them to produce a single audio file output. So they are separate to begin with...

After a little searching, I've found a gstreamer plugin called audiopanorama that seems to allow control over stereo positioning of audio streams. It should be available on the N900. Let me give it a try...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
It should be available on the N900. Let me give it a try...
Exciting, thank you

Ok, Orecchiette version 0.3.6 is now working its way up into extras-devel. There is now an option (hidden rather deep ) in the Preferences panel, called "Combined Audio Recording Options", which will allow you to assign the microphone and speaker audio streams to separate recorded stereo channels. There are three options available, "Microphone and Speaker Centered", "Microphone Left, Speaker Right", and "Microphone Right, Speaker Left".

I have tested a little bit, and it seems to work correctly for standard (non-phone) audio recording. I don't have my N900s connected to a cell provider any more, so I can't really test the phone recording adequately, but I believe it should work in an identical fashion. Please inform me if you find any problems with this version. Thanks!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
*hears song playing in head : 'this is the moment'

Thank you Copernicus!
Will test first thing tomorrow morning.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
i'm using 0.3.6 version - phone recording stopped working - i get a message whenever a call starts:
unable to create gstreamer element 'pulsesrc'

it does work if i manually press the "Record" button, but it doesn't start the recording itself.

Any idea where i can get the 0.3.5 version to try with?

Last edited by impeham; 2015-12-04 at 23:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording