Active Topics

Goodday all,

Just wanna ask if this can be easily implemented.

Currently, clicking on the Facebook feed will open up the Facebook app and show the comment/feed/image etc that I clicked on. However, the Facebook app on the N9 isn't full featured and I usually browse Facebook using the web browser instead.

Hence, is it possible to edit the link such that it opens the web browser -> Facebook -> the actual link that I click on.

Er...I realise I use the word click...maybe touch is a better term! Hehe...

Tks in advance!

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Hi Snowparang,
First, let me say I completely agree with you about the in-built Facebook app. It is a pain and has a few bugs that need to be corrected. Messages are not very reliable and it is generally quite slow

I do use the facebook touch site and fMobi as an alternatives.

There are some great developers on here that might find hack for your request, but I imagine that aegis will be a huge obstacle.

Meanwhile, the Facebook (in-built) app has a number of bugs registered with Nokia and these will hopefully be sorted in PR1.2 in the New Year.

Sorry, I could not be of more help; but I do empathise! .

This would be a good thing. The FB app is poor but became useless when I realized it displays updates from people that I have requested not show up on my feed (via the web version). So it now feels like two diferent sites for me.
We need a Facebook app gripe thread.

It's a shame, because the HTML5 version of the facebook site actually works quite well.

I would love to be able to have this be the default way of opening a post in the update stream

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Try to use browser version and go address: touch.facebook.com. It normally goes to m.facebook.com and it is bad.
touch.facebook.com is like android web facebook. I only use that. You can save this facebook link to the desktop .

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I think the only way to acheive this would be to implement an alternative Facebook feed.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: