Active Topics

Hi,

I'm fairly new to mobile developpment, as well as to C++ and Qt (sic ! in fact I'm a java developper).

I am trying to develop a little application for N9. I need to store an integer as a setting for my application. Reading the docs, I've found that the preferred way is to use gconf, and to do it via a setting applet if the setting is user editable.
So I have integrated the SettingsApplet code given on the dev docs, created the setting .desktop and .xml files, but :

- I don't see anything in the settings application of the device. I used these values in the .desktop :
[DCP]
Category=Applications
Order=10
Part=jalons-settings.xml

So I was waiting for something under Applications ?

- if I open the settings from my application (using a dbus call from qml, as explained in the doc), I get a black screen...

So my question is, how would debug this ? (this is probably a wrong file name somewhare, or a typo, or a gross misunderstanding from my part, or ...)
Notice I checked /usr/share/duicontrolpanel/desktops and /usr/share/duicontrolpanel/uidescriptions and my .desktop and .xml file seem to be deployed correctly.

Thanks,
Franck

Last edited by alci; 2012-01-09 at 09:05.

Well... is this the good place to ask such a question, or is there a better suited forums / mailing list ?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by alci View Post
Well... is this the good place to ask such a question, or is there a better suited forums / mailing list ?
This sub-forum is specifically for posts of your kind
http://forum.meego.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
I'm not sure of the best sub-forum at TMO...