Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
3 years old Galaxy note first edition
3 years old, eh? Impressive. And surprising.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
3 years old, eh? Impressive. And surprising.
Very, but that dont make jolla a lesser phone. But they cant say its high end or mid Range hw. It's to zte than any mid range android like nexus.

Hope to see a high end device with sail from jolla or other vendor during next year.

Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
So have there been any new demo videos to come out of Slush
Not any new stuff at least. Browser, store, map/navigation and a real android demo missing. Still

But a great talk with the man himself. But not so much sailfish talk as dreamer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=reck0Mv...%3Dreck0MvZ9Ug

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-17 at 09:29.

Thanks mate, I've seen that video.

Seems a bit strange to start selling the phone without seeing the finished product in action. They seem possibly a bit cautious about showing off the great things they may have done. Hopefully everything works well.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
Thanks mate, I've seen that video.

Seems a bit strange to start selling the phone without seeing the finished product in action. They seem possibly a bit cautious about showing off the great things they may have done. Hopefully everything works well.
Agree, most of the os is shown but not the interesting parts. Maybe we get some leaks before 28th. After that they can't hide anymore since it's finally out in the open

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C46ytkh5RZY

Another talk, but not so much hands on.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-17 at 10:01.

Ambience ... Can that also affect ringtone and volyme.? Like a profile

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Very, but that dont make jolla a lesser phone.
My main point really was that I wasn't aware that any Galaxy Note was 3 years old; it wasn't even announced until September 2011.

But I agree it doesn't make Jolla a lesser phone.

And as far as

But they cant say its high end
is concerned, I don't believe they have claimed that it is. It is clearly mid-range hardware. Qualcomm are pretty clear on how they see the Snapdragon 400 SoC, calling it 'mid-tier'. And it is worth pointing out that the 400 was announced less than a year ago, so will hardly be comparable to the SoC in the original Note. Indeed, if we believe that we are getting the Snapdragon 400 with the Krait 300 core, then this would mean we are looking at comparing an ARM Cortex-A15 with a Cortex-A9

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
My main point really was that I wasn't aware that any Galaxy Note was 3 years old; it wasn't even announced until September 2011.

But I agree it doesn't make Jolla a lesser phone.

And as far as

is concerned, I don't believe they have claimed that it is. It is clearly mid-range hardware. Qualcomm are pretty clear on how they see the Snapdragon 400 SoC, calling it 'mid-tier'. And it is worth pointing out that the 400 was aennounced less than a year ago, so will hardly be comparable to the SoC in the original Note. Indeed, if we believe that we are getting the Snapdragon 400 with the Krait 300 core, then this would mean we are looking at comparing an ARM Cortex-A15 with a Cortex-A9
my bad.not three full year but working on the third year so lets agree on 2.x years)

they used the term 'premium' and the spec is not premium and i doubt the hw is premium but lets see when we have if.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-17 at 21:37.

First up ever. keep em coming if you have created application.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvrNq1JEnw

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?