Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Sailfish 2.0 looks very very nice!
Although, there are some things that bothers me, like no swipe down to lock phone directly.
It brings you an ambiance (profile) select menu, where you can also click the lock button...

Another thing: Volume buttons are not tied to media volume anymore, unless there is an app running on the background that uses sound

No more triggered action covers... They are now just normal buttons... I thought sailfish was all about gestures and using phone in a different way? People might say: homescreen is horizontal now, so using the triggers might not work out << wrong! You can still use edge swipe to bring out the other homescreens.... So i dont know why they removed this nice feature at all..

Seems like many of those can be patched yes...
In other words, this is Sailfish OS 2.0:

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-09-05 at 16:00.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Another thing: Volume buttons are not tied to media volume anymore, unless you're inside an app that uses sound
Works for me with QuasarMX, no idea about other apps, maybe them not using media resource properly.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Volume buttons are not tied to media volume anymore, unless you're inside an app that uses sound
Finally!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
ahh got my hopes up thinking it was released.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
While I'm sure that context-aware volume control is a great addition that will be useful to many people, particularly phone users, I wouldn't mind if there was a setting that turned on/off context-aware volume control, as that would probably get annoying when I'm multitasking on the Jolla tablet.

Why should I need to stop what I'm doing (e.g. reading) and switch my focus to another app just to adjust volume when I can just use the volume buttons instead?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I don't know what are you talknig about, but volume buttons working same way as before: If music playing it control music, if not it control phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Thanks for the clarification, coderus. I don't own a Jolla phone, so I was speculating based off of what I've read about this so far. I think I'll just stay quiet on this topic until I actually have the hardware in my hands.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Well... At least the stock web browser is better than ever before.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Works for me with QuasarMX, no idea about other apps, maybe them not using media resource properly.
Sorry for the confusion, I edited the first post to make it more clear what I mean

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
I don't know what are you talknig about, but volume buttons working same way as before: If music playing it control music, if not it control phone.
Nope, old behavior is "Always change media player sound, even when there is no app turned on that uses sound"
The volume buttons NEVER changed the ringtone sound on old sailfish versions.

You seems to be confused with harmattan.

Last edited by HtheB; 2015-09-05 at 16:14.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
Well... At least the stock web browser is better than ever before.
What about text wrap? The most missing feature for me

The Following User Says Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post: