Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Does anyone know to which file the Media Player saves the internet radio stations?

I would like to clear away the ones I don't use so that I can find the ones I use better. There is of course this manual one by one way of deleting the stations, but it's too much work.

Last edited by juahan; 2010-01-15 at 18:10.

Originally Posted by juahan View Post
Does anyone know to which file the Media Player saves the internet radio stations?

I would like to clear away the ones I don't use so that I can find the ones I use better. There is of course this manual one by one way of deleting the stations, but it's too much work.
Me too.... there are only about 4 stations there i really like BBC being one of them an i listen to them EVERYDAY!!!!.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I have another question: where did the search results come from on the N95 8GB? I had a station that I always listened to that I was able to find only through that search and not via shoutcast.com

Any ideas?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Rotterdam - Netherlands, the
I don't know, but it's possible to find your station by typing it's name (if you didn't allready knew). You'll probably find it faster. Good luck.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
I searched the whole file system trying to find the playlists or internet radio station lists, but no luck. I tried to be pretty thorough, with multiple search words. There is only list of default internet radio stations (in .xml), but I checked that it doesn't correspond to the current modified list.

Now I started thinking that maybe the internet radio list is in sqlite database. Could it be? My skills are not enough for searching the database, so maybe someone could do some searching. For example, if it is possible, maybe add a new internet radio station and then search the sqlite database with some string corresponding to the addition.

Last edited by juahan; 2010-01-16 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by juahan View Post
I searched the whole file system trying to find the playlists or internet radio station lists, but no luck. I tried to be pretty thorough, with multiple search words. There is only list of default internet radio stations (in .xml), but I checked that it doesn't correspond to the current modified list.

Now I started thinking that maybe the internet radio list is in sqlite database. Could it be? My skills are not enough for searching the database, so maybe someone could do some searching. For example, if it is possible, maybe add a new internet radio station and then search the sqlite database with some string corresponding to the addition.
You are right about the database. The stations are saved into .mafw.db sqlite3 database in /home/user/ directory.

The database has only one table 'iradiobookmarks' with 3 fields 'id', 'key', 'value'. The 'id' is not unique and the key is one of 'title', 'uri', 'mime-type'. The value is a data blob which contains the data which describe the key. One radio has at least 3 entries in the database with the same id but with different key types. So at least 'title', 'uri' and 'mime-type' should be present.

Actually is less complicated than it sounds. I coded last night a proof of concept python script to edit the database to add greek stations in a automated manner. I will clean up the code and release it as a greek radios package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seadog For This Useful Post:
you can also open sqlite dbs from your pc. firefox has an addon

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I wonder if, like the Conversations/SMS SQLite database, there is an API provided to best access this database, rather than editing it directly. Does anyone know?

I just posted some detailed info about editing the radio list

enjoy

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
How do we use the script? Does it allow us to edit the list?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Tags
fremantle, internet radio, internet radio stations, location, maemo, maemo 5, media player, radio station data