Active Topics

Garnet VM has been working well on my n800, I just wish it had a "virtual" SD card option. Alot of Palm apps require an SD card to funtion correctly.

It would also be great if Resco Exporer that I have running on Garnet could browse the Nokia's card files that way I could uzip and zip any files on my device Resco does it so well including encryption...

Last edited by migs; 2008-01-04 at 16:04.

Yes, it would be nice, but it doesn't work. GVM has lots of shortcomings.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Garnet VM has been working well on my n800, I just wish it had a "virtual" SD card option. Alot of Palm apps require an SD card to funtion correctly.

It would also be great if Resco Exporer that I have running on Garnet could browse the Nokia's card files that way I could uzip and zip any files on my device Resco does it so well including encryption...
Yeah... I requested this on the Access feedback site - they don't respond to bugs or suggestions though, so I'm not even sure they're reading any of the feedback that I've submitted.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Yeah... I requested this on the Access feedback site - they don't respond to bugs or suggestions though, so I'm not even sure they're reading any of the feedback that I've submitted.
I suggested this on Access site as well

Anyone dared to try Softick's ram drive yet?

If it worked it would maybe be easier (read: possible) to get data _out_ of the system by copying it there with e.g. FileZ and figuring out something from there.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-01-04 at 16:49.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Anyone dared to try Softick's ram drive yet?

If it worked it would maybe be easier (read: possible) to get data _out_ of the system by copying it there with e.g. FileZ and figuring out something from there.
Unless I did it wrong, I have tried both Softtick Ram Drive and Palm RamDisk both crashed Garnet VM

Please Palm fix!

i have a question, i am using n800, and installed GVM, and i was installing alot of palm os programs into it and working really well, but now i am having problems with not enough memory when i hotsync programs into it. How do I get GVM to use the memory from my SD card? I don't know how to change the location of the memory, well basically i don't know what to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
i have a question, i am using n800, and installed GVM, and i was installing alot of palm os programs into it and working really well, but now i am having problems with not enough memory when i hotsync programs into it. How do I get GVM to use the memory from my SD card? I don't know how to change the location of the memory, well basically i don't know what to do.
Hopefully that's a feature in their next release. Right now there's no way I know of to access the SD card while in Garnet VM.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
Hopefully that's a feature in their next release. Right now there's no way I know of to access the SD card while in Garnet VM.
Yes, looks like it is currently most wanted feature
http://tabletblog.com/2008/06/few-wo...any-about.html
"The results of our Garnet VM survey indicated that accessing the host file system/memory card is the second top most wanted feature after support for Full Screen. Now that the GVM beta 2 provides full screen rendering, this has become the most wanted feature."

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Thanks for that link. It's nice to know there will be another update later this year. It'll be interesting to see what new features are in the next release.

Tags
garnet, palm