Can it run as a fill screen widget? Then the device could sit on the desk or bedside as a digital picture frame (probably plugged in), ready to be used for whatever else comes along...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
What about online content? Flicker, twitpic and new pictures from friends on facebook. Small versions if possible to save bandwidth, or option to download only when connected to wifi.

Last edited by nymajoak; 2009-10-24 at 20:34.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I am considering online content (I hadn't thought of twitpic) for a future version. For the immediate future I will be sorting out all the local image option.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Updated to version 0.2-4. The widget will now open the image viewer with the current image when pressed. The image will also look selected when a press takes place (as feedback that something has happened).

Also, fixed a bug where clicking forward in a slide show caused an image to be skipped.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
How does image-viewer shows the image? is it just the selected image or all the other images from the same directoryare also displayed when you click next in the image viewer. i've been working on the very similar project and was having problem on this and of course few others but as my computer has crashed for some reasons now it's in halt and for sometimes, until my computer is fixed i'm am free from any problem.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Joshua: I will make a package with your icon tonight. Thanks again for the great work!

New version (0.2-5) featuring custom icon by joshua.maverick. Thanks Joshua!

This version also outlines the photo with the active colour, and the slideshow controls highlight when pressed (rather than the whole widget highlighting).

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
thanks for the app. its great!
I think the borders could use less thickness if the slide-show control is disabled. The top border is thick and takes extra screen real-estate. An all-round uniform-width lean border would add to the look and feel of the frame.

Hi, This widget looks great and it'll definitely be one that I download when I finally get my N900!!

I've just had a quick skim through both pages of posts and didn't see this suggestion, sorry if it's already been mentioned (or even if the app already does it!). But how about as well as setting it to slide show from a folder, also have the option of photos tagged with certain words (e.g. "Cyprus 2009", "Family", "PhotoWidget", etc). I think I personally would find that more useful than selecting a folder.

Many thanks for taking the time to create this app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter1759 For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop, fremantle, maemo 5, widget