Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Is that when you're using firefox with Wireless lan or with 3G? Ive found my headphones are awful if I'm using wifi but really rather good when using 3G

There is a known bug with using wifi and bluetooth together @ https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5880
Please vote for it.

Bluetooth A2DP is nearly completely unusable when wireless is active.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I opened a Bug on this as well. My observance is worse than this thread suggests. I see severe Bluetooth performance issues even if WiFi is off. It gets more choppy and stuttering when Wifi is on though.

If you have a BT performance issue, please "Vote" for these bugs so we can get them fixed. here's mine.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6766

Sigh can we merge the two bluetooth headset threads. Why WHY do people feel the need to start a new thread instead of using the existing ones.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Sigh can we merge the two bluetooth headset threads. Why WHY do people feel the need to start a new thread instead of using the existing ones.
Yes there are two threads. But it's a BIG problem.

is there any way to increase the bluetooth range from linux command ?

i always got disconnected when i use bluetooth in the car. So now i will need to bring 2nd phone an switch sim card if i have a conf call *sigh, this is very inconvinience*.

I am using Motorola T505 and this bluetooth works fine with Nokia E90 an Nokia 5800.

With Nokia N900, its connected after few minutes it will be disconnected.

Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
i always got disconnected when i use bluetooth in the car. So now i will need to bring 2nd phone an switch sim card if i have a conf call *sigh, this is very inconvinience*.

With Nokia N900, its connected after few minutes it will be disconnected.
in my own car i have an external bluethooth handsfree device that works ok, especially my side, i hear them well. some do complain that i canbe heard that well but with others it works fine

but my girlfrien just has a new car (kia) with build in bluetooth when i connect with that it works for a while then disconnects and i have to disable and enable the N900 bluetooth to connect with it again.

can this be something with the wifi scanning interval?
how do you turn of wifi completely?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I just do a vote.

Interested to see if the 1.1 update helped anybodies BT performance. It didn't change/help mine at all???

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Interested to see if the 1.1 update helped anybodies BT performance. It didn't change/help mine at all???
Same here - same issues as I had before which is making the device fairly useless for long distance car journeys!

Tags
a2dp, audio, bluetooth, distorted, distortion, fremantle, headphones, headset, hsp, maemo, maemo 5, n900, problem, profile, profiles, sound, static