Notices

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
hello guys..
i was wondering.. will it be possible to do a voice recording in a laptop using n900 mic by connecting n900's audio jack to laptop's red audio jack with aux cable? is it possible.. is there any script to do it?

thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by Dhicky; 2013-11-18 at 05:07. Reason: adding image

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post:
seems like nobody wants to help me out.. its okay

anyway i did some experiments.. and i succeded to use my n900 as a microphone..

first i opened a recording app in laptop. then i connected n900 to laptop using aux cable above. then i started to record. i put some gst-launch codes which i forgot, i dont know which one. after that i tried to speak from n900 mic, but it didnt work. (ofcourse) then i played mp3 from n900. there was no voice from n900 speaker (ofcourse) nor the lappy speaker. but the recording graph seemed to work.. i replayed the recording and BUMP!!! the laptop recorded the mp3 i just played from n900. i started to think how to make the mic work! so i could record my own voice. so i used this : gst-launch pulsesrc ! pulsesink and it worked! i was able to record my voice straight from n900 mic to my laptop recording app.. but then when i retried it at another time it didnt work because i forgot the first code / how to make lappy able to record mp3 before..

thats the problem i really need help if somebody knows thank you..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHARP66 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SHARP66 View Post
something similar
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71757
thanks SHARP66 but the codes in that thread dont work.. i will give another try.. tomorrow i hope i can make it work again like another coincidence.. lol im dying for it. any help would be appreciated thanks..

Tags
audio, laptop, microphone, recording, sound