N900 still great phone except limited ram with lower price nowadays.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xprism For This Useful Post:
I use my N900 as daily phone. It still works as intended. I am using it for telephony, chat, mail, music, navigation and some game while I'm waiting. Also it often is used as WLAN-AP for others on the go.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fabian Schölzel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Originally Posted by dzano View Post
I do...as main and only phone!
...bought another one today. Booyaaaaaaaa

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
I'm also using my n900 as my one and only phone, but since I enjoy hacking around on it so much (and I need it for work) I have also decided to get a second one (used). It should arrive somewhere this week.

Last night I went to the opening of a local hacklab, saw someone else using a n900 and we started to talk about it. Now before I knew it we were surrounded by other enthousiastic n900 users, it was quite an amazing experience! So the n900 is definately still the phone of choice in that environment from what I saw.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zaerc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
To your question.... Me!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Me too, and n900 still perfect for daily phone.Planning to buy another n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xprism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I am still using the N900, and probably will for a long while.

About six months ago, one of my two N900s fell into the toilet (I was going into the shower so the toilet was clean). I quickly pulled it out and tried to towel it off. The screen started fogging up and in a few seconds it finally shut down. I thought, "oh no I should have removed the battery right away". I opened it and removed the battery. It was wet. I turned on the hair dryer and started to blast the phone with hot air. The screen fogged up. I continued to blast it with hot air. The device got so hot I couldn't hold in my hand. I stopped blowing and allowed it to cool for a little bit. Then, I blasted hot air some more.

I don't remember how many times I repeated this exactly, but I am happy to report that the phone survived and has been functioning perfectly since then. What a work horse!

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Another one here... I only got my N900 last year when I was looking into "upgrading" my N79 (Symbian). At the time I was considering the options:
- iOS/Apple: Golden cage, big brother
- Android: Same, though it may be a tad easier to break the cage
- Windows: Urgh...

I just did not (and still don't) like the fact that I'd have to hack my phone just so I can keep control of it.

Also, I was considering buying an old laptop/netbook as a mobile Linux device at the same time - and finally got my eyes on the N900... It can do both: Let me stay in control and be a mobile Linux device. Hey, I can even read my mail using mutt in a terminal on it! HAPPY! In the meantime, I even got a custom-made thick leather cover for it, which provides good protection as I usually carry the device in my pockets.

As there is still no other device out there that meets these requirements (maybe except for the N9, never seen one in real life), I'm considering buying a second N900 as back-up, for chances are small that I'll consider something else. I'll keep an eye on the Jolla/Ubuntu/similar... developments, though.

Last edited by emgaron; 2013-03-19 at 09:46. Reason: Forgot something

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emgaron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 351 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Cotswolds, UK
I'm still using mine as my main phone. Don't know what I will do when it dies.

Who is still using their N810 regularly? I used to use it for watching TV programmes on planes but I have an (employer-issued) iPad now which I use for that. I used my N810 this week as I needed a particular app that was installed on it but it was the first time in a LONG time. I don't even know where my N700 is (must be around here somewhere...)

Last edited by Graham Cobb; 2013-03-19 at 17:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Graham Cobb For This Useful Post:
Still using it for 2 years now, still very happy. It felt down I don't know how many times (I think I get drunk too much...) and it still works perfectly. I just love it! (the n900, not when it fell down). I also have two as backups if it dies, got each one for 100 euros or something, and still watching for cheap ones. N900 simply rocks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phap For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900