Can someone post the expected time line for the update for various regions? I have a 16 gig Singapore version that is waiting for a PR1.2 update. Thanks!

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
I'd suggest downloading via Navifirm, otherwise you are at the mercy of Nokia and the individual operators. I Don't have it in NZ yet either. I'm going to wait until the weekend then install from navifirm if it hasn't arrived ota

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Australia
Just flash using the Navifirm image (Northern European is essentially the "generic" version). There is no guarantee when any further specific reasons will receive the PR1.2 or other updates, so you are at the mercy of Nokia - but if you flash the Generic image, you will get updates first and you can always flash back to your original country image (but not vice-versa).

i would love to do navifirm, but i am not the most tech savvy person. I wa afraid ill brick my phone. Are there step by steps?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Careful on flashing, Some regions 1.1 are not allowing flashing of other countries 1.1, PR 299 aus variants are not allowing 1.2 and is giving software modified errors. There is no way to go back after that.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
i would love to do navifirm, but i am not the most tech savvy person. I wa afraid ill brick my phone. Are there step by steps?
Yes..google the downloads
Download NaviFirm+ v1.7
Click N9 (RM-696) Choose North Europe (your color/GB) download
Download Flasher (search this forum on how to flash)
Go to C:\Program Files\Nokia\ Hold Shift+Right Click Flasher folder
Hit Open Terminal here
type flasher -F yourdownloadedfirmware.bin -f
Power off phone and plug it in

Enjoy

Asianmoo, I have a singapore 64GB 059J239 and I changed my product code via NSS and updated it too PR 1.2. I would suggest doing that as it is much safer then flashing.

Originally Posted by chiron View Post
Asianmoo, I have a singapore 64GB 059J239 and I changed my product code via NSS and updated it too PR 1.2. I would suggest doing that as it is much safer then flashing.
I changed my code as well....didn't do anything for me on Malaysia phone....so...who knows

Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
Careful on flashing, Some regions 1.1 are not allowing flashing of other countries 1.1, PR 299 aus variants are not allowing 1.2 and is giving software modified errors. There is no way to go back after that.
That seems weird.......I doubt it's region specific....maybe just a faulty download/flash?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador
I have a 64gb from Malaysia, earlier today I flashed the northern europe version (emmc too), and everything is excellent. Just do a normal flashing.