Notices

Not to mention the advice wouldn't be useful anyway. Completly different instructions depending on the OS.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Sorry wrong forum. This is only for the Maemo version of Sygic´s Mobile Maps. Symbian or Iphone versions are not discussed here
OK, understand that ....but all files are the same in Symbian and Maemo. For example I deleted zoom buttons on the top corners, changed refresh rate and many things using instructions for Maemo versions

Pls help mate

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by cutin View Post
OK, understand that ....but all files are the same in Symbian and Maemo. For example I deleted zoom buttons on the top corners, changed refresh rate and many things using instructions for Maemo versions

Pls help mate
OK, but understand this: The mods you wish to make are relative to screen proportions which are different for these devices.

If you look in your application.skin file found in the res/skin directory you should find all that you are looking for. Play around with them, that is all anyone else here would do but because of relative screen proportions our results may be different then yours.

Hint 1:
Eliminating the sky or fog at the top of your map image would be a function of the default zoom level in 3D view. That is if you zoom in, the horizon goes away. If you zoom out, the amount of sky shown above the horizon increases. Savvy?

Hint 2:
Sygic refers to "X" and "Y" screen position as a division of "1" with "1" being the entire span of the screen.

Position X0, Y0 = the top left corner and X1, Y0 = the top right corner of Sygics screen.

X0, Y1 = bottom left and X1, Y1 = bottom right.

... so, any position between those four points would be shown as "0.01" through "0.99"

Look for whatever they call that status area and see if there is a value expressed as deltaY="0.whatever". Since that "black box" currently takes up the lower 25% or so of your screen I would look for a deltaY number in the 0.70 to 0.80 range.
Since you want this box to take up only about a sixth of your screen, I would change that number to "0.85" or there abouts.

I'm sorry that is the best I can do in explaining what I would do if I wanted what you want. Since the size of the box on my N900 screen is just fine, I haven't looked for this value in order to change it.

For those running MM10 on a N900 attached is a zip that contains a modified application.skin file you might find useful. I swapped the zoom in and zoom out buttons and moved them down a bit so i could use them easier. I also moved some things like EXIT in the main menu and POI's in the navigation menu.

I say you might find it useful. However, save a copy of your original file in case you don't.

If N900 MM9 users and the Symbian dude try it, it would cause a hard crash of your version of Mobile Maps and would not be useful one dang bit.

BTW the latest N900 version of MM10 is 8.16 as far as I can tell.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweaked MM10.zip (52.0 KB, 213 views)

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-08-24 at 11:35. Reason: version number added

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Thanks for tips, and application.skin file. I put it into my phone and everything works fine. I have Sygic Mobil Maps 10 ver.8.06

I'm new here running Sygic 8.14 on HTC Desire Froyo!

Sygic looks very promissing but

does anyone know how to:

1. Is it possible to change the day/night map colors in landscape and city of course and how?

2. While navigating if the phone rings the application is auto hidden in background, can that be disabled?

3. What is the best configuration in settings, so the application run smoothest?
and finaly...

4. Is it possible to get Traffic info, my Traffic button is visible but deactivated?

The Following User Says Thank You to aldino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by aldino View Post

does anyone know how to:

1. Is it possible to change the day/night map colors in landscape and city of course and how?

2. While navigating if the phone rings the application is auto hidden in background, can that be disabled?

3. What is the best configuration in settings, so the application run smoothest?
and finaly...

4. Is it possible to get Traffic info, my Traffic button is visible but deactivated?
Wrong forum?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Why, anti android or...???

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Why, anti android or...???
No, I just think that users here have Maemo -devices and this thread is about modding the Maemo port of Sygic.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Yeah, but someone like "zehjotkah" could answer my questions for sure...

No problem if you can't...

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

does anyone know how to:

and finaly...

1. yes, it is possible, but I don't know how atm
2. don't know if it works with android since maemo and android are different systems (wrong forum anyone?) and handle the phone-call event differently
3. see first post, again disclaimer that andoid and maemo are different systems
4. the traffic service should be started, soon