Notices

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
A few more feature requests.

In the user profile it should be possible to chose which platforms (hm, nemo, sf) you support, default should be none.

And on the Application page there should be links (html fields) to Source (ie github) and Support (ie tmo).

TIA
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
In the user profile it should be possible to chose which platforms (hm, nemo, sf) you support, default should be none.
why this info is needed?

Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
And on the Application page there should be links (html fields) to Source (ie github) and Support (ie tmo).
Agreed, can be added.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Well, right now there are three platforms and in the future there might be even more (ie sf 1-5 ) so would be nice to never have to see those you don't support. And when you log into orn you would automagically chose the one you support. That way you would never have to deal with the filter list to the left. I agree this is not extremely needed today just something that would be nice to have.

Edit: I know you're probably busy with Warehouse so no hurry with adding more features.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2014-01-12 at 22:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Hello, publishers

Huge update for openrepos (to be exact - 3 medium updates [actually lots of small stuff]) is going to be released during this week

From time to time you will notice http 503 or other stuff, like server not responding, while i'm deploying and test updates.

Main changes will affect application creation/update process:
Current process of publishing application is scalable, but a bit scary and not obvious: create application, fill info, then create platform package, attach package file.
Also, united screenshot section wasnt a good idea
It will be simplified as is: create application for harmattan and fill info attach version files , or create application for sailfish and do the same.

All uploaded packages will be tranparently converted to new state. If you have same application for multiple platforms, it will be splited, and you will see 2 apps at your profile, all info will be duplicated.
Changes will not affect website view of your apps, personal repositories, or warehouse client app. It will simplify process of application creation/maintaining.

During update phase statistics will be down(frozen as is), and will be recalculated upon completion. If all goes well, you will have nearly-realtime download stats for your applications.

Planned update time is from thursday till sunday. Wish me luck.

Meanwhile check your download stats, and notice per-version stats and another geo-pie-chart.

Last edited by Custodian; 2014-01-14 at 16:50.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I tried to upload new versions of my Harmattan and Sailfish OS packages for Perth Trains last night, but they never showed up in Warehouse on either platform (or on the latest updates section of the OpenRepos.net website).

Is there currently a problem with the queue, or do I need to wait until these updates are placed live later this week? I removed the updated packages earlier today - let me know if I should try uploading them again.

Finally - Thanks Custodian for all your work on OpenRepos.net - it's been a great asset to both the Harmattan and now Sailfish OS community!

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I tried to upload new versions of my Harmattan and Sailfish OS packages for Perth Trains last night, but they never showed up in Warehouse on either platform (or on the latest updates section of the OpenRepos.net website).

Is there currently a problem with the queue, or do I need to wait until these updates are placed live later this week? I removed the updated packages earlier today - let me know if I should try uploading them again.

Finally - Thanks Custodian for all your work on OpenRepos.net - it's been a great asset to both the Harmattan and now Sailfish OS community!
Did you place your updated versions above the older packages? Warehouse/OpenRepos only recognize the one on top (you can still list these packages using pkcon/zypper, though).

Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
There are no problems with repositories at the moment.
Although, there is may be a improper sorting on latest updated apps(package bump may not occure), since it is to complicated, and will be changed during incoming openrepos updates.

Upload packages again, wait for 2-3 min, and check your repository/contact me again.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Did you place your updated versions above the older packages?
This is needed only for package name sending to warehouse. Because you can attach packages with different names to same application node. (i.e. myapp.deb and mylibforapp.deb). In this case top package name is recieved by warehouse and used for installation/uninstallation.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
This is needed only for package name sending to warehouse. Because you can attach packages with different names to same application node. (i.e. myapp.deb and mylibforapp.deb). In this case top package name is recieved by warehouse and used for installation/uninstallation.
Are you sure? I have noticed that behavior with couple of apps (Foursail being one example) - if the developer did not put the new version on top, Warehouse would not recognize an update, but updating via pkcon went fine.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Are you sure? I have noticed the behavior with couple of apps (Foursail being one example) - if the developer did not put the new version on top, Warehouse would not recognize an update, but updating via pkcon went fine.
Yes, i'm sure. warehouse does not use version info from openrepos for updating/installing. Only for showing latest version when repository is not enabled. Only name used to query info from packagekit.

At warehouse <0.2-5 version strings, recieved from packagekit, were compared improperly, so it may not see that update is available. That was already fixed.

Maybe when using pkcon, you first do refresh, and then update.
Warehouse does not check for updates automatically. It shows already known updates(from previous checks, with either warehouse or pkcon refresh), or manual check at profile page is required.

Last edited by Custodian; 2014-01-15 at 10:39.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Upload packages again, wait for 2-3 min, and check your repository/contact me again.
Thanks! I uploaded Perth Trains v0.9 for Sailfish OS and v0.9.1 for Harmattan just over 15 minutes ago (~10:50 UTC).

I'm not seeing the app listed at last added apps, or on Warehouse's "Recently updated apps" screen.

If I find the app in Warehouse, on Harmattan it is showing v0.9 (which it shouldn't - I deleted this version for Harmattan yesterday as it had a bug, and v0.9.1 was uploaded instead). Sailfish is showing v0.8.1 as the available version.

Tags
awesome, harmattan, meego, repository, service