Notices

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Romania
Excuse me, but, am i the only one who doesn't actually care about what color the background is or isn't? or whether the wazzapp icon is show on the left of every new message u receive? Specially for an alfa version....
All i care about in an alfa version is for it to work! Which means for me to be able to talk to another person using whatsapp/wazzapp . That's it! i can worry about group chat or emoticons or whatever other feature that the latest whatsapp has, BUT didn't have on the original whatsapp, later. Although seeing as i can't have whatsapp on a N9, i honestly just want a working app....i can be with a purple background for all i care...
Also, it seems to me that tgalal want's to update wazzapp in the future, that's why he seems interested in updating the site, to make it easier for him to do that. So if he is doing that, why not do all the UI changes and all the other aesthetic changes that the users may have then?
My point beeing....seeing as so many people are complaining about not having whatsapp on nokia N9, i would have thought that the primary focus would be to release wazzap as simple as possible to JUST work, and worry about all the other things (i'm talking mostly about the looks of the app itself) in future updates. But maybe that's just me...
However i do want to send my appreciation to tgalal and everyone working on developing wazzapp.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sorin88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sorin88 View Post
Excuse me, but, am i the only one who doesn't actually care about what color the background is or isn't? or whether the wazzapp icon is show on the left of every new message u receive? Specially for an alfa version....
All i care about in an alfa version is for it to work! Which means for me to be able to talk to another person using whatsapp/wazzapp . That's it! i can worry about group chat or emoticons or whatever other feature that the latest whatsapp has, BUT didn't have on the original whatsapp, later. Although seeing as i can't have whatsapp on a N9, i honestly just want a working app....i can be with a purple background for all i care...
Also, it seems to me that tgalal want's to update wazzapp in the future, that's why he seems interested in updating the site, to make it easier for him to do that. So if he is doing that, why not do all the UI changes and all the other aesthetic changes that the users may have then?
My point beeing....seeing as so many people are complaining about not having whatsapp on nokia N9, i would have thought that the primary focus would be to release wazzap as simple as possible to JUST work, and worry about all the other things (i'm talking mostly about the looks of the app itself) in future updates. But maybe that's just me...
However i do want to send my appreciation to tgalal and everyone working on developing wazzapp.
If they have not released it yet it is probably due to buggy protocol adaptation or they think like me, I do not even have an N9 however I try helping the comunity, as that is the spirit of both phones. That being said I would not want all N9 users that want wazzap to sign in with a faulty protocol, get banned or have their IMEI blocked and then whine at tgalal. So in short... the background is not what is making it arrive later

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
That's cool. Another small question: obviously picture and location sending and all type of file sending feature will be in the later versions, but what about picture receiving? If someone sends a pic from another smartphone, what would happen? A blank message or we'll get the pic but not able to download?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
That's cool. Another small question: obviously picture and location sending and all type of file sending feature will be in the later versions, but what about picture receiving? If someone sends a pic from another smartphone, what would happen? A blank message or we'll get the pic but not able to download?
Doesn't even get a message and the picture isn't even received.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
@sorin88:
There is always at least two viewpoints to a development thread. One is to discuss issues arising while actually developing, the other is to discuss enhancement and future road map to have something to develop. Discussing usabilty would meet requirements of a development thread and one issue of usabilty is colour schemes.
The colour is not only good looks. It is user experience by integrating with the OS. It is as well battery life by choosing black background on a display which actually benefits from black.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Romania
I'm not actually disputing that the color of the background affects battery life. It's obvious that it does, and it should be discussed.
My point is that i'd rather have wazzapp right now, with for example a high battery consumption, than 3 weeks from now with that battery issue solved?Specially since tgalal seems to be wanting to update the project in the future.
If tgalal would have said that he doesn't want to update it after the first release....then yea, make it as close to perfect as possible by all means.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
I'm not actually disputing that the color of the background affects battery life. It's obvious that it does, and it should be discussed.
My point is that i'd rather have wazzapp right now, with for example a high battery consumption, than 3 weeks from now with that battery issue solved?Specially since tgalal seems to be wanting to update the project in the future.
If tgalal would have said that he doesn't want to update it after the first release....then yea, make it as close to perfect as possible by all means.
Trust me, if you used it, you'd want tgalal to fix some of the bugs. I've installed it on my devices a few times each and had an issue each time with one thing or another. I am trying to keep tgalal informed about these and you guys need to be patient till it is publicly useable.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
If it isn't in anyway useable to the masses of idiots from the previous thread, this forum willl be overflowing with senseless posts whining and *****ing about the bugs.

Better for everyone if the app remains in a closed beta till all the main usability issues are fixed.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Trust me, if you used it, you'd want tgalal to fix some of the bugs. I've installed it on my devices a few times each and had an issue each time with one thing or another. I am trying to keep tgalal informed about these and you guys need to be patient till it is publicly useable.
Would you mind tell me what bugs you have discovered?

Hope message are delivered as fast as whatsapp on other OS.

I also hope donations are on the rise cos it is not an easy task doing something for the masses without asking for any form of payments.

Last edited by vickyme2002; 2012-05-10 at 12:22. Reason: typo

Tags
diapers, high-school