Active Topics

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Yes its a fact...
And the fact that it represents somewhat of a security breach probably doesnt bother our friends over at N as well I guess right?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
And the fact that it represents somewhat of a security breach probably doesnt bother our friends over at N as well I guess right?
It was the same on the n900... Hence it just proves that aegis on the n9 was a pos from the very beginning instead of the proposed user security thing it masqueraded as...

It was the same on the n900... Hence it just proves that aegis on the n9 was a pos from the very beginning instead of the proposed user security thing it masqueraded as...
Hmm..describe what you mean by "pos"?
Anyway, this problem is not aegis-bound methinks, but a gconf limitation. At least having the password in MD4 would help a little.
I wonder if I would post this to /. and mentioning I found a HUGE security bug (and maybe make an app to prove it) what would N say?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Hmm..describe what you mean by "pos"?
Anyway, this problem is not aegis-bound methinks, but a gconf limitation. At least having the password in MD4 would help a little.
I wonder if I would post this to /. and mentioning I found a HUGE security bug (and maybe make an app to prove it) what would N say?
I mean aegis was said to protect user data but IMO its like a DRM-type of system that doesn't actually protect user data...

We are protected by our obscurity instead of any mechanisms; anybody can write an app ask you to incept it as it needs system access and simply delete user data without the user knowing...

Try it out though I don't think they actually care

I mean aegis was said to protect user data but IMO its like a DRM-type of system that doesn't actually protect user data...

We are protected by our obscurity instead of any mechanisms; anybody can write an app ask you to incept it as it needs system access and simply delete user data without the user knowing...

Try it out though I don't think they actually care
Why am I not surprised there

Edit: ill post over @Ndev first and lets see what happens. If nothing happens, I can mock them later on

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2012-11-24 at 12:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Why am I not surprised there
That boat sailed a long time ago...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
That boat sailed a long time ago...
Yeah, well, sad but lets hope it will turn out in an awesome boat ride! .

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: