Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I am still not getting it. What will make MeeGo so much different of what we already have? What is revolutionary about Meego?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yes, it is... MeeGo is nothing more than saying it wants to be just like the iPhone.

Get it? "i"Phone... "me" Go?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MeeGo will be multi-device, similar to Android. In the future, it'll be whoever can get their OS on the most devices out there that'll have the most marketshare.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I donate all my karma to a person who bans this tool. It ain't funny anymore, time to utilize the GS script I made as an introductory post on t.m.o.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
MeeGo is going to be an all platform version of linux, it won't be anything like the iphone

Originally Posted by zwer View Post
I donate all my karma to a person who bans this tool. It ain't funny anymore, time to utilize the GS script I made as an introductory post on t.m.o.
<removed curse words>

Last edited by Reggie; 2010-02-28 at 02:41.

Originally Posted by Lazarpandar View Post
MeeGo is going to be an all platform version of linux, it won't be anything like the iphone
It seems to me they want to have something of an mac OS... But purportedly more open....still, how revolutionary is this? Or just playing catch up?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
why must everything be revolutionary? And how is MeeGo Linux anything like Mac OS?

MeeGo is the next step of Maemo with the ability to run on any hardware, from desktops to phones to set top boxes, not just pocket workstations. Its fully open, not partially, like Android, and brings all of the common app frameworks of a typical desktop Linux build, along with Qt for apps and UI graphics.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ding dong, the troll is dead.

Eh, he's going come back as a new account. I've noticed a Laughing_Man account was created in Feb. 2010.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...