After installing PR1.3 on the N9, I seem to be having problems using NokiaLink on the Mac. When I connect and try to use it, I get the usual "try reconnecting phone" etc, but with error EDP_INVALID_PARAMETER.

Any clues as to what this might be? Anyone else with the same issue?

While I'm at it, I could mention that while I have the option ticked to remove photos from the N9 after syncing to Mac, they actually never seem to get deleted...

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
I will give it a try. NokiaLink actually never worked with my N9 since PR1.0 (also using OSX). I'm therefore using another way to sync my music/pictures and haven't installed NokiaLink for a while. Since I reflashed my phone for PR1.3 that might have changed.

So what are the other ways to sync stuff? NokiaLink has always been pretty buggy for me, so happy to look at options, unless they're fiddly to set up and do (don't really have time, and no longer interest to do hacker solutions for basic stuff that should 'just work).

The N8 showed itself to iPhone just as a normal camera, which worked fine for photos, but I don't think the N9 has that capability —*or it didn't work for me for some reason.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
running rsync is always an option.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Yeah, setting up and running rsync was kind of exactly the fiddly type of solution I wasn't keen to explore myself. I know it can be done, and is not rocket science, but after spending 4 years on a Linux laptop, and doing a lot of that, I no longer have the patience and it gives me headaches to even think about it ;-) I switched to OS X to avoid that.

I'd mostly be happy to even read images and videos into iPhoto off the N9, and reliably delete them off the phone. I realise the N9 is not as sweetly 'just works' as the iPhone with OS X, but the closer I can get, the happier I'll be.

Uploading the odd music track is also a nice bonus (although my iPhone compatible headphones don't seem to work on the N9 :P).

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
macosx os running a unix os means it can easy support ssh to move files between device, same as linux.

so no need for crappy apps only bloatex os like windows need such crap.

just enable developer mode and scp the files.

I know OS X is UNIX. I also know how to use SSH. I use the OS X terminal daily. I appreciate that it's great to have the option to go deep down, if wanted. However, that is not the solution I primarily have in mind when I'm asking about NokiaLink not working.

I'm looking for a "one click" solution to syncing things to my Mac, which is what people will generally require of their smartphone these days. Plug phone in (optional these days with iOS, and maybe Android), and go. Particularly photos and videos, direct to iPhoto. With deletion upon successful sync.

Yes, I like a decent "no thinking required" GUI as I'm lacking in interest and time to get my own hacks working seamlessly. My primary interest in the N9 is not to hack around with the shell environment, but as a really decent phone created by Nokia, with an intriguing UI and a Linux core. If NokiaLink no longer works, and there is no similar solution, then all I can say is that it's a real pity.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Works fine on my Mac Pro..