Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Take a look at this list. These are just the threads that I've tagged so far. There's several dozen I haven't gotten to yet.
Cool, thanks^2.

Looking at the tag cloud really shows that our work in Alternatives is paying off. Look at the size of the alternative tags (like kde, mer, garnet, debian, deblet, android, etc) compared to tags you would expect to be bigger (like n800, maemo, microb, etc).
Actually, I'm not surprised: most of the posts here are about Maemo - so why would it be tagged? This is one of the problems with tags in a general information architecture: the general don't get good tags; only the specific. The other is knowing which tags are appropriate to use (for example, are most things tagged "deblet" also tagged "debian"?)

A lot of this can be solved by having a moderation team doing tagging - just like you are - like the bug squad on Bugzilla and the Wiki Action Group.

In other words, I hope you and the others carry on doing this "tending" in future, rather than just as a one-off exercise.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum, maemo.org