Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Auburn, WA
Originally Posted by Petrel View Post
Thanx CougRon, maybe you can also add already the name Sullypad in each highscore position ??
might as well, the man's a beast.

Wow, I finally rocked a level - 93,150 on 3-17 (2 birder).

However, I'm totally stuck on 3-18. How the heck do you do that with 2 birds???

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Southampton, England
Petrel/CougRon,

Cheers guys, you're both too kind. I do apologise, but I've just added 10 more high scores in Rio World 4.

Do you want to know the big secret to high scoring? Here you go; play each level say over 100 times, even if 1 level takes all day with more than 300 attempts. I know it's boring concentrating on one or two levels per day, but the reward is simple; high scores. Example, Rio World 4 took about 7 days to complete, with the exception of levels 14 & 15. Not really tried on them yet!!! (that level 15 is a bastard!) To get the full rewards of high soring a World, I would say requires two weeks play max. Oh, and checking this spreadsheet sometimes helps for a score guide too.

Hope my secrets do not wipe all my high scores away now, but I'm sure all you big scorers out there know what effort is required anyway!

Now all I do is wait for my high scores to gradually fade away!

All the best,

SullyPad

it's easier just to describe you as a mystical high-scoring animal :-)

I do go through and paly some of the levels a _lot_ but on some I'm definitely not getting whatever everyone, or at least the high scorer is doing because I can't even come close which is what I'm usually trying to do.

Can anyone shed some light on how to do 3-18?

TYIA

So, in a nutshell, the secret is to play it over and over until you get really, really good at it? I hate to burst your bubble, but that's not a secret.

Also, I'd like to give you mad props, because those are some crazy high scores. Nice work.

Originally Posted by sullypad View Post
Petrel/CougRon,

Cheers guys, you're both too kind. I do apologise, but I've just added 10 more high scores in Rio World 4.

Do you want to know the big secret to high scoring? Here you go; play each level say over 100 times, even if 1 level takes all day with more than 300 attempts. I know it's boring concentrating on one or two levels per day, but the reward is simple; high scores. Example, Rio World 4 took about 7 days to complete, with the exception of levels 14 & 15. Not really tried on them yet!!! (that level 15 is a bastard!) To get the full rewards of high soring a World, I would say requires two weeks play max. Oh, and checking this spreadsheet sometimes helps for a score guide too.

Hope my secrets do not wipe all my high scores away now, but I'm sure all you big scorers out there know what effort is required anyway!

Now all I do is wait for my high scores to gradually fade away!

All the best,

SullyPad

Regular AB 3-18? How about this: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/2010/0...-levels-16-21/

Originally Posted by Papa Bear 38 View Post
Can anyone shed some light on how to do 3-18?

TYIA

Uh oh. I think we might have run into some sort of complexity limit with the spreadsheet. There was an update to Angry Birds Season Free today and I was trying to add rows to that section for the new levels and I kept getting this error:

The formulas on this sheet could not be calculated. Try removing some formulas or modifying complex formulas, like VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, and recalculate. For more information on size and complexity limits in Google spreadsheets, visit the Google Docs Help Center..
It seems we are only allowed so many formulas per sheet. I was able to get around the error for now by deleting an unused set of columns and some ununsed rows, but I think that's all we're getting. If we want to add any more levels we will need to either: 1) rethink how the spreadsheet is organized, 2) maybe remove a bunch of people who no longer participate and the columns associated with them, or 3) come up with a way to use less formulas or less complex formulas (the formula for the average on each level is huge now).

One thing we could do is make one spreadsheet per game (AB, Seasons, Rio, Free, Seasons Free, and Rio Free). One bad thing with that idea though is that new users are not likely to consistently create columns for themselves in every tab and without that consistently I don't see how we could have a 'Totals' area that shows a sum total across all games. (maybe that's not important though). I don't think we can implement the previous idea of one sheet for data and one for formulas since we would still have the same problem with the number of formulas per sheet.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ southern Illinois
[QUOTE=CougRon;992982]Uh oh. I think we might have run into some sort of complexity limit with the spreadsheet. There was an update to Angry Birds Season Free today and I was trying to add rows to that section for the new levels and I kept getting this error:

CougRon - Bummer! However, I like the idea of one sheet per game. Although a total across all games would be nice I don't consider it particularly important. I don't play all games anyway and suspect I am not alone.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Cheers - XTALDUDE

Hey SullyPad,

I'm very curious what trajectory you went with on Rio 2-4 with your score of 87,290. I've done it in one bird a couple times going low but can't score any higher than 79,280. Also, I've tried going high through the chains, cutting through three of the four and getting the TNT to blow on the backside, but the middle stack just doesn't want to completely fall.

Thanks for any insight you have on this one!

Brick

Tags
bada blows, bada rox