Originally Posted by sicofante View Post
Facepalm all what you want, but put an N9 in those scenarios and you'll see answering calls would be even slower than the regular mode on an E52.
Doesn't change the fact that touch screen is more sensitive than real hardware buttons. Anyway, good luck with that. <3 <3 <3

Maybe this can be done with a simple daemon or editing the call deamon script (if such a thing exists, I am only an N900 owner )

If a call ringing
If screen locked
If proximity sensor is not close to something
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:unlocked
SOMEVARIABLE="yes"

When the call is over
if $SOMEVARIABLE = "yes"
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked
SOMEVARIABLE=NO

Maybe someone should research what daemon triggers when calls income, I do not have an N9 and therefore do not have much interest, these instructions are for the N900 anyways, but just my 2 cents

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2012-04-09 at 14:53.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Vigo, Spain
Is there a place to ask Nokia for things like this? Since bugzilla is closed, I wouldn't know where to go.

I too would love the option of swype to answer, I do find it slightly counter intuitive having to swype then hit the very small answer icon.

I can see the reasons it would need to be an optional choice rather than a complete change, those that use their N9's without a case and carried in pockets etc. being the obvious. But for folks such as myself that use a folding case to protect our N9's, there is really no need for the current swype then seperate answer method, swype only would be sufficient.

Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
it would need to be an optional choice rather than a complete change, those that use their N9's without a case and carried in pockets etc. being the obvious.
I'm sorry but I don't quite get that. I understand the phone in a pocket can be woken up by an accidental double tap (hard, but possible), but how on earth is an accidental rub of the phone against your leg (most of the time through some cloth) going to produce a swipe? When you take the phone out of the pocket to answer? Great, you won't have to do anything then, just put it in your ear! ;-) OK, let's just make it optional, like "any keyboard answers a call" is optional in most Nokia T9 phones (like my E52). I also pick up some calls when grabbing the phone in my pocket and I push any key accidentally, but I can live with the few times it happens.

BTW: Most women put the phone in their bags. It's mostly men who use their trousers pockets to carry the phone. Just saying...

Swipe-up to answer just seems obvious.
Swipe-anywhere but down to answer is debatable (and might be optional).
Swipe-down to reject or silence should be configurable.

What is pretty obvious is that the current behavior makes little sense and I'm really surprised almost no review has highlighted it.

Since no developers seem to be around, is there any developers/modders forums where this could be asked and debated?

Last edited by sicofante; 2012-04-12 at 17:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicofante For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sicofante View Post
I'm sorry but I don't quite get that. I understand the phone in a pocket can be woken up by an accidental double tap (hard, but possible), but how on earth is an accidental rub of the phone against your leg (most of the time through some cloth) going to produce a swipe? When you take the phone out of the pocket to answer? Great, you won't have to do anything then, just put it in your ear! ;-)
It would be possible I should think as you obviously don't need a double tap when there's an incoming call, so if it was swype only to answer, those that keep their phones in their pockets could activate the swype while removing the phone.

Problem easily solved if you have the possibility for the current swype then answer, or option of swype only to answer which would doubtless suit most users better than the current method.

Accidentally swiping while taking the phone out of your pocket sounds like an edge case to me (the same that happens with the "any key answers" on the E52), but yeah, it should just be an option.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Sounds good the way it is currently. Just maybe red and green buttons larger.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
Sounds good the way it is currently. Just maybe red and green buttons larger.
Yeah, that would be good for me too...

Is it possible to make both buttons larger - i.e. twice the height?

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Yeah, that would be good for me too...

Is it possible to make both buttons larger - i.e. twice the height?
YES.
It should be easy, which are already developing modifications:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80600

Q. Enlarge Caller ID Avatar

It could work in this option.

Last edited by guillermorojaz; 2012-04-14 at 19:05.