Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
no way to register now. in future will be only online registration form.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Okay, so i have been having problems with my wazapp lately and have been trying to follow the thread to fix it however i am a complete newbie to this developing/ hacking stuff and it all means nothing to me.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with my problem. So i was happily using wazapp for a while and then it would have problems starting up and just close after i press it to open or when i sent messages they would disappear. To temporarily solve this i would have to reset my phone and it would work for a while and i'd have to repeat this pretty much daily. By this time i had downloaded nightly34 but to keep it working i would need to uninstall and then reinstall. But one time after a couple of resets it didnt load so after backing up anything important i decided to clear the device and re-download wazapp. I had downloaded and installed nightly34 which if im correct is the latest version, but on registering i had the failed: old version error.

Is there anyway to solve this? is anyone willing to guide me through what i need to do or if you want me to show you the logs or something, i dont know where to access that but i have important messages i would like to get back to. As i said i dont know much about the develepor mode but im hoping someone can help. I also saw people talking about a folder under home/user/.wazapp is that accessed from filebox?

Thank you in advance

@itz_kojo any chance if you can read topic before asking something?

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@itz_kojo any chance if you can read topic before asking something?
I have been attempting to but i dont understand the jargon used in most of the posts

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by itz_kojo View Post
I have been attempting to but i dont understand the jargon used in most of the posts
@itz_kojo Registering doesn't work anymore (even with the latest nightly version) and why don't you just use the key you received before?
You could use the BlueStack method, which is to install BlueStacks on your PC, access Play store with it and install official whatsapp, then proceed to register with your phonenumber in N9, you should then receive an SMS to your phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
@Kozzi the advice you offered about BlueStacks is the way I was able to get going, maybe more people need to understand this method

The Following User Says Thank You to Greendts For This Useful Post:
Thank you both, i didnt have the code i originally used however on an old iphone i was registering on whatsapp with no sim card and used the number i have on my n9 and that code worked so i have been able to register.

So if anyone has another smartphone with whatsapp, use that to register on your current phone and the sms gets sent to you which solved my problem

is that whats app changed the registering method?no more sms received with registering

still sms, but other registering methods.

really?, but i just register but no sms send back..no code need to input

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
still sms, but other registering methods.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp