Active Topics

If you encounter problems on specific apps, please report them:
http://www.access-company.com/produc.../feedback.html

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I use Yahoo Mail and finally found the link in my Bulk Mail.

Originally Posted by sevo View Post
The Garnet VM generates its own sync ID - so all ID-locked software will be unregistered. That device-locked software will break on any new device as well is obvious.

Sevo
Well that won't do. We need an option to insert your own sync ID so that registered software can be transferred.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I used a Palm TX about 2 years ago it operated quite well as a PIM, I have this installed and running (used Gmail got link in seconds) looks good, I will try hotsyncing and report back. I wish it ran in full screen portrait mode with the +- buttons acting as a scroll dial/wheel and center as a click through, that would be great.

Originally Posted by sevo View Post
The Garnet VM generates its own sync ID - so all ID-locked software will be unregistered. That device-locked software will break on any new device as well is obvious.

Sevo
Then it's pretty much useless to me then.

I'll report it but theres another problem, using the alarms in calender, it wiped out all the programs I installed and the meetings I entered.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
If you encounter problems on specific apps, please report them:
http://www.access-company.com/produc.../feedback.html

Reggie... if this was for me, thanks. But the problem is that I couldn't get to a page to actually download anything. The link provided from Access (and there were 4 email tries) always took me back to the registration page (which is the page where you register for a link to download).

If someone has a link to the actual download area, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Omega

Some screenshots of working apps.
Games? Yep..
Google maps? Even that one..
Attached Images

Originally Posted by basco View Post
Then it's pretty much useless to me then.
If you need registered apps, it won't help that much, unless they are from a vendor who still exists and has the policy and ability to issue new keys free of charge in such a eventuality - which most vendors that use external shop systems can't.

Doesn't matter for me, the last Palm app I use (Strip, where a gazillion of old, rarely used software keys and web passwords reside, which I'd hate to transfer to another password manager) is freeware.

Originally Posted by basco View Post
I'll report it but theres another problem, using the alarms in calender, it wiped out all the programs I installed and the meetings I entered.
Mine got wiped over a sync attempt against Evolution. But as long as I only use strip, I can do without syncing, and will have a more stable solution than with my Clie SL-10, which loses its memory every time I have to replace the cells.

Sevo

My treo used to reset itself all the time and all my software keys would have to be re-entered. I used a backup program to backup the one file that would corrupt at every reset and after that it was almost painless.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
The link provided from Access (and there were 4 email tries) always took me back to the registration page (which is the page where you register for a link to download).
This happened to me, too, when I tried to "click" on the link in the N800's own email client. However, when I clicked on the same link on my notebook, it brought me to the EULA and download link. I then coped the .deb file onto my SD card and installed it from there. A bit of a roundabout way to go about it, I know.