Originally Posted by Kangal View Post

I'm just surprised he was able to get Elop's email.
Care to PM it to me?

His email is not hard to find even googling would get u his email

stephen.elop@nokia.com

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Conspiracy theories are wrong. Period. I mean all of them, it's just naive and stupid, and a result of FUD and an inability to see the simple, practical and objective solutions instead of the creative and emotional. Conspiracy theories is something stupid and emotionally (over)sensitive people involve themselves with (fanboys?)
You could try to prove them wrong if you can.

Lets be honest and objective, if they can manage to get WP7 in the Asha price range, they will sell like hot cakes.
And how do you do that? There is no way to bring WP7 (and WP8 either?) to low price range, because software licence takes atleast one third of the selling price, and 512 mt of RAM is required to such a "heavy" program like skype. The death of Nokia's linux projects gave that market to Android.

The fact that 75% of the company consisted of blubber didn't exactly help.
That's right for sure!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimmerit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
After watching Inside job yesterday everything is a conspiracy theory to me xD

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Lets be honest and objective, if they can manage to get WP7 in the Asha price range, they will sell like hot cakes.
I suppose you are right here but this would be true of any smartphone platform, even Symbian. It's not going to happen because Asha is really a feature phone. The crux is whether a low priced WP7.5 phone can compete with a low end Android. I seriously doubt it as even a low end Android has less restrictions, is more customizable and enjoy a bigger app store than any WP7.5 phone.

It's not just the cost of the phone but the whole ecosystem. One needs a PC capable of running Zune and data connections for both PC and phone to be able to use the phone effectively. In developing countries where data is expensive many users depend on bluetooth file transfer which WP7.5 lacks. This OS has been designed for consumers in rich Western countries where data is cheap and most users have 3G contracts. The wi-fi even shuts down when the phone sleeps and transfer background data usage to 3G.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-06-24 at 12:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post

@Nokia: Either way, I got my N9 and it rocks. Thank you Nokia. As you've got no more of that coming, please fu(k off.
And 808... that's about it, before Nokia becomes MicroNokia

or MiniNokia...

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I suppose you are right here but this would be true of any smartphone platform, even Symbian. It's not going to happen because Asha is really a feature phone. The crux is whether a low priced WP7.5 phone can compete with a low end Android. I seriously doubt it as even a low end Android has less restrictions, is more customizable and enjoy a bigger app store than any WP7.5 phone.

It's not just the cost of the phone but the whole ecosystem. One needs a PC capable of running Zune and data connections for both PC and phone to be able to use the phone effectively. In developing countries where data is expensive many users depend on bluetooth file transfer which WP7.5 lacks. This OS has been designed for consumers in rich Western countries where data is cheap and most users have 3G contracts. The wi-fi even shuts down when the phone sleeps and transfer background data usage to 3G.
Yes, you are right. Didn't think about it, but at the lower end, that's where all the limitations of WP7 really kicks in.

Nokia is toast. WP7 goes down in history as the biggest **** up of all times regarding mobile OS. The Lumia series goes down in history as the least successful smartphone series of all time. Elop goes down in history as the least successful CEO of all times.

To me it looks like now that he just didn't get it. He had all the information at his fingertips, everything about Nokia and MS, what can be done, what can't be done. A dozen of experts guiding him. Even then he was too stupid to understand what was going on.

Whatever, soon I will have the Asus Nexus 7 tablet and an 808. Then I will be happy for at least half a year LOL

i think he is not care about nokia.
symbian is half-dead. Meego is over. and now lumia ...

I think their last chance is with WP8. If they are able to come out with a phone at least as striking as the 808, the stock and mind share may well climb back. Although it's a shame they can't do anything about it until then. But hey, anything better than Google or Samsung for me

That email is so typical of Elop.

You talked extensively of the N9, yet he fails to aknowledge it's existence in his response.

He always skirts around mentioning the N9, it's like that guy in Harry Potter where they mustn't speak his name

Lucky for us we already have the N9, IMO in a near perfect state, hopefully PR1.3 will polish it off nicely so thankfully we won't be needing Elop anyway.

Very sad the decline of Nokia, I plan to buy one more after my N9(the 808) and after that I reall have no idea where I'll go, with no interest in iOS or Android, maybe BB if it's still surviving. Then I'm thinking a long way ahead, N9 and 808 should keep me going for some years

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc=ericsson