Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Maemo is great, BUT! Seems a little... flat..

It's not as customisable as I would have expected. Being open and linux.
I can not even customise it unless I install a theme.

I'd like to add features to it, Like a start menu or something..

IT'S DAMNED LINUX! We should be able to.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Petition to get vsync and physx to n900!

Useless thread

There's no "back" in "official support on the N900". Also, Maps 3 were promised on the Maemo OS family. I have never seen it promised on the N900 device.

People expect too much from after-sales customer care. This is why I was disappointed in the initial Maemo 5 release, because what you get up front in a deal is usually pretty much what you get. Sales oriented people don't usually run after people to give them freebies after a sale. Nokia could throw in millions of euros to improve the lives of existing Maemo 5 customers. But that would partially prevent these customers from wanting to buy the first Maemo 6 device. That would be stupid money. Smart money is the same money, made to improve the sellability of the next device.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Need capacitive multitouch screen to be MeeGo 1.0 eligible...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
I was fighting for this as well, but I don't think a petition will help.... The decision was already made despite even knowing that it would cause disappointment.

USE YOUR CUSTOMER POWER: NEVER BUY FROM NOKIA AGAIN, AND ADVISE YOUR FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME!!!!!!!

And I complement my rant with a simple question:

Do anybody here really believe that Nokia was not even discussing Meego when they launched Maemo 5 on N900 last year???

If you are that naive to believe Nokia does care for its image with customers, you can believe that and keep being a blind fanboy.... If not, you are probably also angry for spending 600 bucks on a high-end device and get the same support you would get from that U$50 "generic" Chinese mobiles.

>> But that would partially prevent these customers from wanting to buy the first Maemo 6 device. That would be stupid money. Smart money is the same money, made to improve the sellability of the next device.

You are quite the fool. You do realise one of the base truths of business is that it costs MUCH less to keep an EXISTING customer then to gain a NEW customer ?

This is why you can often call your bank/credit card company etc and bargain for better terms, because to them it costs less to keep you then to lose you to another company.

When you PISS off a customer, they will feel hard done by and go out of their way to tell their friends NOT to buy your product.

And who do you think people will trust ? References from their friends or marketing spin from Nokia ?

Again Russo_BR has it utterly correct.

If you are not happy with n900, TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS to get a droid/apple phone.

If you are happy with then n900, well TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS that too.

But I bet you the 1st will outnumber the 2nd, because the n900 aint selling well. Otherwise it will be support by major players like adobe.

Indeed, off to the iPrisons for all of us! Closed, locked down devices only available through unfair carrier contracts is the only way!

Then we can be assured that we only get upgrades if the company feels like it, instead of being unsure and having the possibility to do it ourselves!

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Indeed, off to the iPrisons for all of us! Closed, locked down devices only available through unfair carrier contracts is the only way!
Because jailbreaking is illegal and can't be done by noobs! Any noob will get their phone from a carrier. At least carriers supply it... To get the N900 in many countries you are forced to lose the warranty.

Then we can be assured that we only get upgrades if the company feels like it, instead of being unsure and having the possibility to do it ourselves!

Yeah like with Nokia and PR 1.2... making us wait for so long and ditch MeeGo. At least the iPhone has updates for a few years

I'm not PRO iPhone but I am anti-*****

Last edited by h3llraz0r; 2010-05-29 at 06:32.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Fiji Islands
100%, we need meego so we can download apps from maemo and moblin