Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
Our helpfulness. Like me noting that your forgot your close parenthesis.
... or me noting that your first 'your' should be 'you'.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
texrat: what is the brainstorm (preferably with link)?

Oh, nm. Upon re-re-rereading, it looks like you're talking about brainstorm itself, not a brainstorm that you've had.

The Following User Says Thank You to solarion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
im just wondering how the moblin community is. i just like to see how you guys apps would benefit or not from the moblin guys

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
After readin bit at Moblin.org and wiki.meego.com, I would say that we should definately try to maintain people like me. That might sound very self-centered, but I mean people who aren't programmers, super-uber-geeks or work for Intel/Nokia.

Moblin seems to be a 100% "industry" based open-source community. They have no forum, almost dead mailing list and governance fully based on corporate members.

For someone like me there wouldn't be any reason at all to be part of Moblin community. Let's not let that happen to MeeGo.

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-02-15 at 19:24.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
After readin bit at Moblin.org and wiki.meego.com, I would say that we should definately try to maintain people like me. That might sound very self-centered, but I mean people who aren't programmers, super-uber-geeks or work for Intel/Nokia.

Moblin seems to be a 100% "industry" based open-source community. They have no forum, almost dead mailing list and governance fully based on corporate members.

For someone like me there wouldn't be any reason at all to be part of Moblin community. Let's not let that happen to MeeGo.
I noticed that. Moblin is mostly professional, and almost exclusively developer. Maemo has a big 'enthusiast' and 'user' component. Now that has its drawbacks (we make a lot of noise!) but it also had advantages.

Though I agree that tonight I am asking whether there's a place for a bear in this Brave New World.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-02-15 at 19:55.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Valuable Maemo parts?

Aside the community, one big thing Maemo should and must bring to MG is...

All the ARM technology expertise that Maemo has developed over all this years.

Moblin was not an ARM distro, it was a x86. So that means they have no legacy or expertise dealing with ARM, and as we know, right now, mobile = ARM.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Yes, the primary strength of maemo.org is the amateur enthusiast community. Ignore us at your peril!

EDIT:

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
IThough I agree that tonight I am asking whether there's a place for a bear in this Brave New World.
Honestly, since Moblin has no forums, we've got no competition. The mailing-list community has more to worry about than we do

Last edited by qole; 2010-02-15 at 19:59.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Does this mean that Bugzilla bites the eternal dust?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Does this mean that Bugzilla bites the eternal dust?
Sadly, Bugzilla is one of the few things both partners have in common.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: