I think CSSU looks great and I've been waiting to install it for a while now. The only reason I haven't yet is because of this in the wiki

Long-term: all N900 users/owners.

For now: power-users, developers, Nokia/Maemo/MeeGo engineers, testers, documentation writers
It kind of gave me the impression that it was in alpha and that I should wait until a release for all users. Well, since my N900 is my primary phone I've been waiting and waiting but I'm kind of thinking of taking the leap now. What are peoples experiences with CSSU, can it be used for day to day tasks as a primary phone or are there certain disadvantages at the moment?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Well i think its very user friendly. Easy to install and for me no problems so far. Go ahead. Ofc there is always slight risk that something goes wrong, but reflashing n900 is very easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to shnigi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
If you have not installed CSSU, you have still not strated to "really use" your phone There is a long CSSU thread here which should solve all your problems if at all you hit one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shrijith1 For This Useful Post:
On my phone, which is my only one that I use, so no backup, I have installed this from the very beginning. I reflashed my phone a couple of times (not because of having CSSU installed I must say) so if it would give problems I can fix it. So far I did not have any major problem. CSSU is being well developed and tested. It is rather safe, in my personal opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to end2begin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Install it. Just don't update straightaway when a new version appears. Wait for a few days (read the relevant thread here for problems if you want) and then update. This way you'll avoid bugs like that on 16, 16,5 and 16,6 which get quickly solved.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
I think the idea is that the cssu-enabler should ultimately be moved to extras, and at that point it would be a release for all users.

The question is what the timeframe for 'ultimately' is.

I upgraded to CSSU about two weeks ago, and it is really quite good, and I think good enough to go to extras.

However, I don't know if recent fixes in git (fixing portrait backgrounds) might be worthwhile having in the first generally available cssu.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Someone knows when the CSSU will have a stable version? I`m really looking forward to install the CSSU aplication, but i`m not installing now because if something happens i don`t know how to reflash my n900

The Following User Says Thank You to ctl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I've been thinking about installing also, and have been holding back. I'm actually considering flashing my phone back to PR1.3 image first and then install CSSU, but still have not decided.

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@travla and @cue,

I'm in the same situation (or at least similar). I still haven't found a "killer feature" in the CSSU which would encourage me to install it. Portrait mode is something I don't care about (as long as my phone dialler is portrait, and it is, I don't care about the rest).

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so if any of you decide to jump I might jump as well

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Probably the biggest deal-breaker for me at the moment is the somewhat persistent issues users are reporting with the Modest e-mail client (common theme being reported in the CSSU thread is several crashes of Modest throughout the day for some users).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post: