Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

I succeafully installed nitdroid using autoinstaller on a fresh n900 after a full reflash, everything went well but i encountered a few problems. If anyne can assist i would apreciate:

1. Sometimes it overheats, it went up to 50 celsius soe,me time
2. Battery lasta at most for 20 minutes, so i have to stay connected at all times
3. System rebooots a LOT, i start playing and reboots directly on android, and so on, its unstablr but,
4. Im not sure but i installed setcpu to oc the hpone to play smoother and not sure if its the oc causing the reboots, so i took it back to 250\600 and still reboots, and
Im only interested to play battleheart, actually i bought it and want to play it lol

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
I succeafully installed nitdroid using autoinstaller on a fresh n900 after a full reflash, everything went well but i encountered a few problems. If anyne can assist i would apreciate:

1. Sometimes it overheats, it went up to 50 celsius soe,me time
2. Battery lasta at most for 20 minutes, so i have to stay connected at all times
3. System rebooots a LOT, i start playing and reboots directly on android, and so on, its unstablr but,
4. Im not sure but i installed setcpu to oc the hpone to play smoother and not sure if its the oc causing the reboots, so i took it back to 250\600 and still reboots, and
Im only interested to play battleheart, actually i bought it and want to play it lol

Hope someone can help

Cheers
What verision have you installed?

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

i had 2.3.7 installed a few days back.den i wanted to install 2.3.4 over 2.3.7 since i dint kno how to downgrade it. sonce my stock kernel crashed.and had to reflash.i wanted to downgrade it because after using 2.3.7 and den 2.3.4 i wud get better performance and stability. now my phone is reflashed.do i again hav to install 2.3.7 den use it for a while den downgrade to 2.3.4? or i can just directly downgrade it?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mornage View Post

Me too - facing constant reboot problems when playing games e.g Plants Vs. Zombies. I'm using 2.3.4 and SetCPU OC'd to 600MHz. It used to work once even on 900MHz and I thing it's OK on 200 but the phone may poorly respond...

Last edited by Musta susi; 2012-01-18 at 14:27.

Originally Posted by Musta susi View Post
Me too - facing constant reboot problems when playing games e.g Plants Vs. Zombies. I'm using 2.3.4 and SetCPU OC'd to 600MHz. It used to work once even on 900MHz and I thing it's OK on 200 but the phone may poorly respond...
Sudden Reboots seems to be problem with the voltage (you use lower voltage for your N900 at some frequencies). Try the power.ini file I uploaded in this POST

Also if you use power kernel on maemo using custom voltage change the voltage on this file if you still having reboot problems.

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i had 2.3.7 installed a few days back.den i wanted to install 2.3.4 over 2.3.7 since i dint kno how to downgrade it. sonce my stock kernel crashed.and had to reflash.i wanted to downgrade it because after using 2.3.7 and den 2.3.4 i wud get better performance and stability. now my phone is reflashed.do i again hav to install 2.3.7 den use it for a while den downgrade to 2.3.4? or i can just directly downgrade it?
That all depends on how you have installed it. If it is on an SD card you should only have to mount it to /and, unzip and tar the 2.3.4 archive to it and then install the kernel.

If you have it on a partition of your eMMC and have not reflashed the eMMC then the above applies. If you have flashed the eMMC then you need to start from scratch.

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
last one on first page i think its 2.3.7

Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
last one on first page i think its 2.3.7
If you used the installer, you may have installed ICS. In which case random reboots are to be expected as it's in early stages.

If it is 2.3.7 then it's most likely the OC causing the issue, although this is still an experimental version and not as stable as 2.3.4 is reported to be.

Try using power.conf to overclock instead. hadjistyllis recommends his one but I've not tried it as I use my own. Every N900 is different so if you know what you're doing you can adjust the voltages and clock speeds to suit.

If you still have issues, try going back to 2.3.4.

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
If you used the installer, you may have installed ICS. In which case random reboots are to be expected as it's in early stages.

If it is 2.3.7 then it's most likely the OC causing the issue, although this is still an experimental version and not as stable as 2.3.4 is reported to be.

Try using power.conf to overclock instead. hadjistyllis recommends his one but I've not tried it as I use my own. Every N900 is different so if you know what you're doing you can adjust the voltages and clock speeds to suit.

If you still have issues, try going back to 2.3.4.

Tnx for the answer!
U are correct, k installed ICS. But how can i install 2.3.4?
I will try now the power.conf file to see how everything goes.

Ill keep u guys informed

Cheers

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
you mean the auto-installer? ICS?
I used the auto installer yesterday and it gave me 2.3.4 N12 umay with rc6 kernel.
I installed ICS extracting files at /and but it is very unstable and slow due to its alpha release. So i uninstalled whole nitdroid and reinstalled using the auto installer and 2.3.4 back on...
why that?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid