Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by hussy.plus View Post
SOmebody help me..gimme my code My hash is rooti.d4Bz9uGgVQ:
Try 26592.

(BTW, you know how in my last post I said the N900 took 20 minutes to get my own lock code from my hashes? sunyakram's and hussy.plus' lockcodes were cracked in under a second by the N900. So maybe 20 minutes is an extreme and unlikely corner case.)

- Edit -
I like to add that I also will not help anyone recover his lockcode withot showing at least a minimum of proove of "this N900 is my belonging" (which has been a habit here, but seems to be forgotten).
Also, I wanted to explain the reason why I don't bother with this criteria, in case people are wondering: at the end of the day, there's absolutely nothing preventing the person on the other end from lying, so I think if I were to expect people to say "this is really my own N900", all I'd be doing is enforcing a social formality that doesn't actually meaningfully protect anyone, and just punishes people who don't pick up on what they're expected to say.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-12-08 at 19:19.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
OMG man you're awesome !!! It worked like a charm actually I got a used n900 .. I didn't know the password. Thank you so much man! Keep up the good work ..May Allah bless you ..

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I do understand (and absolutely do not criticise) your motivation.
Of course there is no chance of checking if the request is legit. But I feel that showing here a proove (may it be receipt/bill/e-mail, which may also be faked) is not too much to ask.
And a real thief will not ask here, but just flash the device ...

P.S.:
I absolutely appreciate your efforts not oly to run a one-line statement, but also find out the exact hash, even they are "salted" with smileys by users

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

I am in Pakistan .. Its like a trend of using used smartphones coz people can't afford new ones.. So i got n900 in same situation ..Don't you worry! I've not stolen it or something like that If you want snaps of its boxand stuff then i can for sure Don't worry ..You just helped me and i agree with this ..People here should prove that They've their owned n900 .. totally agreeing..

lol .. dude don't insult me now I'm sorry i was dipperessed actually i thought i would not get the code from anywhere now My hopes were down ..

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Lo and behold, mere mortals, as I bring to you the salvation you have long sought. After what felt like an eternity (more like a couple hours over a few days) of arduous (more like rather relaxed) scripting on my N900, I bring you, (cue holy music) recoverlock.

I'll make a proper announcement thread when I get around to throwing this in the repositories and do my best to promote it to extras (since the people least likely to learn how to do what this thread teaches are less likely to use extras-devel anyway. Maybe I'll even add an icon that people can click instead.

Install the deb, if you get dependency errors, install "rootsh" and "john" from the repos. Then run the command recoverlock from the command line (NOT as root, eventually I'll probably add a check that intelligitently checks if it's being run as root or not, but for now it pipes everything to sudo gainroot anyway, which seems to have problems if called by root). Wait a little, and if nothing is particularly wrong with your system, you should have your lock code eventually.

Edit: Also, it is my intent to eventually add a handful of command-like options (one to save the log, one to save the password in the main john.pot, one where the JtR output isn't suppressed, whatever else is needed). Maybe some day, I would wrap this up in some sort of GUI are well, although I don't think there's really much point in going that far.
Attached Files
File Type: deb recoverlock.deb (2.1 KB, 523 views)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-12-09 at 20:24. Reason: I made so many typos

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
thank you mentalist dear but now i know how to recover lost security code so next time when you lost your code so tell me i do it happily for you ummah :d

Last edited by sunyakram; 2012-12-11 at 15:06.

Instead of making dependency on rootsh and pipng commands to `sudo gainroot' you shoud create appropriate *sudoers file in /etc/sudoers.d/ directory, add `update-sudoers' to package's post-installation and post-removal scripts and use sudo to gain superuser access.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
Instead of making dependency on rootsh and pipng commands to `sudo gainroot' you shoud create appropriate *sudoers file in /etc/sudoers.d/ directory, add `update-sudoers' to package's post-installation and post-removal scripts and use sudo to gain superuser access.
I accidantally did it.

You can run it by executing `recoverlock' or `sudo recoverlock' by user or root.
Attached Files
File Type: deb recoverlock_0.5_all.deb (2.3 KB, 609 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
i accidantally did it.
Молодца!!! @hxka, thanks! :d

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900