Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
#11
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Just wanted to reiterate if you are wanting to backup DRM partition and unlock the xperia x, the post above (and the dirty cow post it links to) are pretty good, and worked for someone like me who is still novice in these areas. The DRM image was successfully created.

My curent noob question is now that i have my DRM img successfully backed up, i'm not sure from those threads how to actually restore it back to stock if i wanted to (i have only unlocked, not rooted).

Do you just copy the TA/DRM backup img file to phone and use twrp to flash it, or are you supposed to connect the phone to computer and boot into fastboot mode where you run adb commands from the pc? Have been searching but not found any explicit examples, just mentions of 'flash with the drm img back to stock'.
In the thread of the backup tool, there is a command that you can use to restore DRM keys, some people do with TWRP in the terminal, or connected to the pc with adb

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
#12
After restore DRM keys, you have to flash stock rom to boot

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 1,318 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#13
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
After restore DRM keys, you have to flash stock rom to boot

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
Thats good to know. So as long as bootloader is unlocked and we use unsigned ROM (AOSP, SailfishOS etc.) we don't need (and don't can) restore the DRM-Keys ?
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
#14
I tried to flash it with the Androxyde Flasher you suggested. It took me a while to get the right driver, indeed. The Device Manager is happy in Windows 10, no unknown devices any more.

But it won't flash yet.
Code:
16/023/2017 00:23:33 - INFO  - Device connected in flash mode
16/024/2017 00:24:12 - INFO  - Selected Bundle for Sony Xperia X(F5121). FW release : 34.0.A.2.301_R8A. Customization : Nordic Generic_1302-3140
16/024/2017 00:24:12 - INFO  - Preparing files for flashing
16/025/2017 00:25:12 - INFO  - Please connect your device into flashmode.
16/025/2017 00:25:13 - INFO  - Opening device for R/W
16/025/2017 00:25:13 - INFO  - Start Flashing
16/025/2017 00:25:13 - INFO  - No loader in the bundle. Searching for one
16/025/2017 00:25:26 - INFO  - No matching loader found
16/025/2017 00:25:26 - WARN  - No loader found or set manually. Skipping loader
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - INFO  - Ending flash session
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - ERROR - null
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - INFO  - Device connected in flash mode
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  - List of connected devices (Device Id) :
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  -       - USB\VID_0FCE&PID_ADDE\5&365BD757&0&1	Driver installed : true
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  - List of ADB devices :
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  -       - none
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  - List of fastboot devices :
16/025/2017 00:25:36 - INFO  -       - none
__________________
Palm Treo -> N900 -> N9 -> Jolla
Developer mode novice, and enjoying it
 

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
#15
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Thats good to know. So as long as bootloader is unlocked and we use unsigned ROM (AOSP, SailfishOS etc.) we don't need (and don't can) restore the DRM-Keys ?
That's right, or custom roms based on stock, so... You will restore DRM keys and flash stock rom just to let your phone as it was never unlocked

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
#16
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I tried to flash it with the Androxyde Flasher you suggested. It took me a while to get the right driver, indeed. The Device Manager is happy in Windows 10, no unknown devices any more.

But it won't flash yet.
Code:
16/023/2017 00:23:33 - INFO  - Device connected in flash mode
16/024/2017 00:24:12 - INFO  - Selected Bundle for Sony Xperia X(F5121). FW release : 34.0.A.2.301_R8A. Customization : Nordic Generic_1302-3140
16/024/2017 00:24:12 - INFO  - Preparing files for flashing
16/025/2017 00:25:12 - INFO  - Please connect your device into flashmode.
16/025/2017 00:25:13 - INFO  - Opening device for R/W
16/025/2017 00:25:13 - INFO  - Start Flashing
16/025/2017 00:25:13 - INFO  - No loader in the bundle. Searching for one
16/025/2017 00:25:26 - INFO  - No matching loader found
16/025/2017 00:25:26 - WARN  - No loader found or set manually. Skipping loader
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - INFO  - Ending flash session
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - ERROR - null
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
16/025/2017 00:25:27 - INFO  - Device connected in flash mode
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  - List of connected devices (Device Id) :
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  -       - USB\VID_0FCE&PID_ADDE\5&365BD757&0&1Driver installed : true
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  - List of ADB devices :
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  -       - none
16/025/2017 00:25:35 - INFO  - List of fastboot devices :
16/025/2017 00:25:36 - INFO  -       - none
Did pop up a message that told you to use a fsc script? If so... Click yes and try to flash again

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
explit's Avatar
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 1,318 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
#17
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Did pop up a message that told you to use a fsc script? If so... Click yes and try to flash again

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
Yes thats normal. It tells you this message every time you load a new Firmware for flashing.

I flashed mine with XPeriaFlashTool under Linux
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
#18
I found this question on GitHub: https://github.com/Androxyde/devices/issues/53 in which someone asks why he cannot flash the F5121 with Androxyde. He states he did manage with an earlier version: "I only flash successfully with an older version F5121_34.0.A.2.301 using 34.0.fsc script."
So it seems I had the wrong ftf to flash with. I will have another go with this version: https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?...egory&id=18692, at the bottom.
__________________
Palm Treo -> N900 -> N9 -> Jolla
Developer mode novice, and enjoying it

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2017-08-17 at 07:52.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
#19
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I found this question on GitHub: https://github.com/Androxyde/devices/issues/53 in which someone asks why he cannot flash the F5121 with Androxyde. He states he did manage with an earlier version: "I only flash successfully with an older version F5121_34.0.A.2.301 using 34.0.fsc script."
So it seems I had the wrong ftf to flash with. I will have another go with this version: https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?...egory&id=18692, at the bottom.
I suggest you to use Xperifirm from Flashtool, there it create the ftf after download is completed, that's how I flashed my Xperia X

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
#20
OK, I will. Did you use a flash script? Androxyde Flashtool keeps saying:
No flash script found.
Flash script is mandatory. Closing session

(Which is weird as in ...\.flashtool\devices\F51XX there are 3 .fsc files)
__________________
Palm Treo -> N900 -> N9 -> Jolla
Developer mode novice, and enjoying it

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2017-08-17 at 18:56.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
bootloader, xperia ☓

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50.