Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by fgr View Post
Hi bockersjv
I've been trying to flash mine for a few days but it never starts.
Where did you send your N9? I am getting interested in trying your way ...
I just phones Nokia UK and they gave me a freepost address to send my N9. Took 6 days in all, not perfect as i expect an immediate replacement as per Apple and Canons processes.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
For me it flashes it to a point using this guide http://everythingn9.com/death-by-bat...arge-nokia-n9/

The problem is that it says battery 100% on the flasher utility when it's obviously not. Unplugging and plugging back in helps it to the point where you can see a loading bar on the phone. Eventually I even got the Nokia loading logo to come up. I can't get it past a certain point of the flashing.

I don't mind losing my settings and apps. I just need my contacts, texts, and most importantly my images and videos.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
If you just need your data off, then you could just bootload (as that doesnt require flashing) emergency kernel to get images and videos off (emergency kernel unfortunately triggers open mode, so you wont get aegis protected data out).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
If you just need your data off, then you could just bootload (as that doesnt require flashing) emergency kernel to get images and videos off (emergency kernel unfortunately triggers open mode, so you wont get aegis protected data out).
I actually need the phone to work. I want to use it as an MP3 payer since it has 64GB of storage and the sound quality is not bad (although not as good as the N900)...

I really need to get this working in the next day if possible. It seems to charge to a point. I feel a faint vibration when plugging it into the USB, and the LED light stays solid. The flashing takes it to a point, and I can see a task loading bar - a blue one come up but then it shuts down again with read file error. It gets to a certain percentage...

Essentially the problem is that the flashers doesn't charge the batter, it just starts writing onto the phone thinking it's at 100% battery when it's really not... There has to be a workaround...

When I try the Flasher -i or flash only kernel commands, those actually work. It's gotten to a point where it blinks every second for about 5 seconds after the initial turning on and off and vibrating. I even got Windows to recognize it and Nokia Suite to boot up with it. For a second I saw the Nokia logo before it died... But again, the flasher does not charge it, says it's at 100% battery even though it's not...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Probably eMMC corrupt?
Would help to see log of flash command! Or detailed explanations.

Especially as this
Originally Posted by BaronKatz View Post
..., it just starts writing onto the phone thinking it's at 100% battery when it's really not...
indicates you already flashed 'something' to the device? (hereby possibly corrupted OS)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Probably eMMC corrupt?
Would help to see log of flash command! Or detailed explanations.

Especially as this
indicates you already flashed 'something' to the device? (hereby possibly corrupted OS)
Here is the screenshot of one of the logfiles:

image uploader

And here is my second logfile, this is when I try to do a full flash.The problem is that the flasher does NOT detect how much battery is left in there, and thinks it's 100%, hence why it doesn't go through the "Charging"" stage which is what will recover my phone. I know it's the battery as I haven't used the phone in a few months...

залить картинку на форум