Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I must be the odd one out as I regularly get slowdowns on my N9. I go about 3 months before the twitter app and email are showing me "Application not responding" messages every few presses.

I presumed it was tracker database fragmentation as usually just deleting the twitter / mail dbs is enough but a reflash when I can be bothered works well too.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
For me it's like this: GS3/4 damn fast cpu - my expectation for a fluent UI is very high (always disappointed), WP fast cpu - my expectations are really high (always disappointed because of long transition effects) Harmattan damn slow cpu - expectations pretty low (never disappoints. Best UI ever.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
A big part of the N9/50 feeling slower after some time is the flash memory getting dirty.

Flashing solves this, but that's quite the dirty hack.

IIRC, while working on some block stuff for kernel-plus, I saw some stuff patched in for preliminary discard (TRIM) support - was never finished by Nokians.

That's pretty much the main cause of percieved slowdowns - pretty much no packages even bother to jump the hoops to autostart, that's a variable gone.
You said that TRIM support was never finished on the N9.
Is there a way to enable TRIM or something equal (garbadge collection ...) to work against flash wear?

Regards,
Stefan

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowdog For This Useful Post:
My experience so far is that after flashing, an N9 becomes smooth as butter, very responsive and quick. I am most of the time amazed by how snappy it is. But over time it slows down and sometimes feels sluggish up to the point of becoming unusable.
I am wondering whether that has anything to do with enabling developer mode and tweaking the device (which is part of the fun of the N9).

I've refreshed the phone again a couple of days ago, but have so far refrained from enabling developer mode and I have just installed apps that don't need any tweaking (e.g open mode, etc.). It still feels snappy. Anyone having same experiences?

The Following User Says Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:

Tags
performance, review