Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone knows when the countdown begins?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone knows when the countdown begins?
January 1st, 2014 arrives and Ovi Store dies.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
January 1st, 2014 arrives and Ovi Store dies.
Is it still alive?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard

Apple iPhone 6 will have 4.8-inch screen, says analyst Dave999

Apple stocks rose in the pre-market trading on Monday after well-known Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said in a client note that Apple’s next iPhone 6 could come with a 4.8-inch screen. According to an Associated Press report, Misek said in a client note that “Apple’s suppliers have become more lenient on price, which is helping the company’s gross margin.” He also added that “there is excitement over the iPhone 6 because it will have a 4.8 inch screen.” Misek has also estimated that 85 million iPhones will be eligible for upgrades when the iPhone 6 debuts. The iPhone 6 will launch in September 2014.

Most smartphones these days have a screen size close to 5-inches. However, Apple only increased the size of the iPhone’s screen from 3.5-inches to 4-inches with the iPhone 5. It was predicted earlier that the iPhone 5s launch would also see a 4.8-inch screen iPhone being launched, something that didn’t really turn out to be true. However Misek had earlier predicted that Apple was testing out the 4.8-inch screen throughout 2013, but that the tests didn’t meet Apple’s quality tests and the launch was scaled back to June 2014.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Soooooo... like usual for the last two years, Apple is playing catch-up to Android again. :P Come on, Jolla! Start putting your crap out so you're not left behind!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ranbaxy, I told apple years ago that they also needed a 5 inch phone. They didn't listen...

Galaxy round is immanent, I'm sure we will see Galaxy disc phone and Galaxy glasses very soon too...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-09 at 11:12.

Nokia Lumia 1320 aka 'Batman' phablet due in Q4 2013: Report

leaks of alleged new Lumia devices. The newest leak reveals another new Lumia 1320, codenamed Batman.

According to The Verge, Nokia is currently working on the mid-range Lumia 1320 smartphone, which will feature a large display, and is expected to be priced just above the already unveiled Lumia 625 sporting a 4.7-inch display.

Sources familiar with Nokia's smartphone plans have told The Verge that the rumoured Lumia 1320 aka Batman might also come with a 5-megapixel rear camera accompanied by a VGA front-facing camera and will likely ship with Nokia Camera app. The report also claims that the other specifications of the rumoured Nokia Lumia 1320 will be similar to that of Lumia 625, and that it might be launched by the end of this year.

Additionally, the popular phone tipster, @evleaks has claimed that the rumoured Nokia Lumia device codenamed Batman might be the Lumia 1320. The tweet said, "Nokia Batman = Lumia 1320". The new tweet by the tipster further strengthens the claims that Nokia is working on a new large screen Lumia smartphone.

Meanwhile, Nokia is expected to unveil six new devices at its October 22 event, due to be held at Nokia World in Abu Dhabi, according to a recent report.

The report further suggested that Nokia might unveil the long-rumoured Lumia 1520 phablet along with company's first Windows RT tablet, the Lumia 2520. Other Nokia devices expected to be unveiled at Nokia World include the Lumia 525, which is said to be the successor to the Lumia 520; Nokia Asha 502 and Asha 503, the successor to the popular Asha 501 and Treasure Tag accessory.

Seriously,batman. There is only one batman...

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson