Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
NOT looking for a case or face plate. Looking for a full housing alternative. Different colors or materials. If any one could point me in the right direction.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Don't know about a full housing, but apparently there are chrome-look bezels on ebay.

I thought N900 would look good in white - maybe Nokia will release one for the far eastern markets before they discontinue it. A white shell would be easier to paint.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
NOT looking for a case or face plate. Looking for a full housing alternative. Different colors or materials. If any one could point me in the right direction.
Ebay,

The chinese have made brown, golden, white housings, in addition to the standard black. All for sale for a special price for you my friend, in the range of $13.99-$18.99

I assume they fit ok. The one´s I bought for my Nokia 6300´s from the orient did.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Ebay,

The chinese have made brown, golden, white housings, in addition to the standard black. All for sale for a special price for you my friend, in the range of $13.99-$18.99

I assume they fit ok. The one´s I bought for my Nokia 6300´s from the orient did.
Got a link?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I can't find any of those replacement cases on eBay either.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Golden housing

White housing

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
Got a link?
Keyword "N900 housing"

http://shop.ebay.com/?_nkw=n900+hous...All-Categories

Enjoy.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Golden housing

White housing
Those colored housings are spray painted, lmao....folks in my country do those things all the time. He/she even spray painted the silver lining by the camera area. Anyone can spray paint their housing.

Depending on what kind of spray paint he used, it is almost guaranteed to rub off ad look awful or loose the color within a yrs time :/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical after seeing those cases. Reminds me of the Sega Dreamcast replacement shells that were somewhat sub-par. Anybody has any experience with them?

I did buy one black one as it was easier and cheaper than dealing with *cough* Nokias *cough* excellent customer warranty service. All I need is the replacement battery cover, but I bought a whole housing.

I know its sittting at my office, if no one else responds I'll tell you how it fits next time I go there.