Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Ah battery life, the Kryptonite of N900.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dobbs Ferry
As the others said an N900 would be too chunky, I've run with my N95 which is a good size and the GPS/Sporttracker integration is great!

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
i think the N900 would be fine using ecoach. predownload the maps, and turn off im,and email to save battery, and it should be ok.
I would run the n900 for the relevant time with everything you want started to see how you get on, and then repeat turning various things off until you get the amps down (think apollo 13!)

I like ecoach. OK it only supports uploads to hieahiea directly, bur the gpx files can be loaded to loads of other sites including Endomondo, which is my fave. The new version of sports tracker runs in flash 10 for some odd reason, and last time i looked i could not import gpx files or export any workouts.

I thnk the only other alernative is a symbian phone with either the sports tracker or endomondo clients installed, but I found that the battery life is not much better, and android will be as bad if not worse than the 900. I have ran and cycled with the N900 and do not think that the size and weight are excessive.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Thanks everyone for input so far.

I used to use SportTracker on my previouw E61i (with Bluetooth connected external GPS). I still have the device, but my batter for that one dies within minutes, so I'm not planning to buy a new one just for this purpose...

I've found some services out there that could be used, but still haven't done any in-depth research on the subject. For those who are interested, this is a staring point: http://www.berryreview.com/2008/06/0...g-application/

I know of the eCoach -> Heiaheia integration, but afaik that's 'after the fact', and not 'real-time', or am I wrong on that?

/Magnus
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post: