Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I have just uploaded an update (mokomaze_0.5.5-maemo2) to extras-devel. By default screen dimming will be disabled during the game (there is an config entry to control that).

Also default delay between frames is now 0 because of SDL not being accurate in timing related functions. This makes it run even smoother. The delay is also controlled by config entry.

Edit: And now it shows correctly in HAM and has an icon. I did not change anything about that...

Last edited by dwaradzyn; 2011-01-09 at 11:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
I'd like timing and high scores for each level. Any chance for that? Ideally for multiple users as my daughter frequently snatches my N900 when I can't use (like when I'm driving...)

How about an 'anti-gravity' option to make it more challenging? Tilting left would roll the ball to the right and so on.

Thanks!
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
great game thanks

Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
I'd like timing and high scores for each level. Any chance for that? Ideally for multiple users as my daughter frequently snatches my N900 when I can't use (like when I'm driving...)

How about an 'anti-gravity' option to make it more challenging? Tilting left would roll the ball to the right and so on.

Thanks!
High scores and timing are missing. I will add them when I find enough free time.

You can hack in support for multiple users easily because all user savegame data is stored in ~/.mokomaze/user.json. You can have a few copies of this file and switch between them outside Mokomaze. There are many ways to do that and they do not involve programming. For example: you could have different shortcuts for different users that replace savegame file before launching the game.

The anti-gravity idea would be fun if it would be an element of level. Mokomaze has support for switches - you have to turn all of them to make the finish-level-hole visible. Anti-gravity switch could be easily implemented (maybe it should have different color). We could also use some of the ideas from other games (Diamond levels from Teeter, many great and fun ideas from Resco Bubbles), but...

In my opinion what this game needs more than new features is levels (or levelpacks). Teeter Level Editor could be used as teeter levels can be easily transformed to Mokomaze format.

There was also an online editor for Mokomaze but the site is now dead which is a shame.

Are there any volunteers for level creation? Maybe you know a source (other opensource game, maybe) of levels that could be converted to Mokomaze?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
That would require levels redesign. Anyone willing to do that?
I have now a week vacation, so plenty of free time.
What do I have to do?

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
i can't pass lvl 45

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I have now a week vacation, so plenty of free time.
What do I have to do?
In order to switch the game from 640x480 to 800x480 you would have to:

1. Change game resolution in /opt/mokomaze/data/config.json.
After this the game screen will look like that:

2. Resize desk.png and wall.png located in /opt/mokomaze/data.

3. Adjust level data in file: /opt/mokomaze/data/main.levelpack.json. Now this is a tedious job and without visual editor it is almost impossible to do. Right now we have no such editor. I have contacted Anton Olkhovik about bringing back Mokomaze online editor now that Maemo community also has Mokomaze. You may want to wait for his response or start a level editor project.

Creating an editor is a programming task. If Anton will respond that the online editor is not feasible I plan to mock up a simple editor myself.

On the other hand converting from VGA to WVGA will not benefit the game much. A brand new levelpack would be much better. And you can start right away using Teeter level editor mentioned in my post above:

Just design and create levels in Teeter format and we will worry about converting and adding them to Mokomaze later.

To cut a long story short: if you (community) want to participate you can either create level editor or create new levelpack using Teeter editor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andy1210 View Post
i can't pass lvl 45
Have you tried this way?

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
Just design and create levels in Teeter format and we will worry about converting and adding them to Mokomaze later.
It is possible to create 800x480 pixel levels with that editor?
My father does have teeter on his HTC Touch HD, so there ARE levels in that resolution..

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
hehe, i tried, but no luck.
but now has been succeeded, thank you

all lvl done

Last edited by Andy1210; 2011-01-09 at 20:52.