Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by qole View Post
You could probably run penguinbait's CUPS server in maemo, and your Debian apps would print to it... but only if you installed the CUPS client stuff on the Debian side, and I'm not sure you'd end up saving much space, because I think it would still drag in all of the networking stuff...
In synaptics, would that be cupsys-client?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
It should be cups-client, but I think cupsys-client is just a transitional package, which means cupsys-client is just an empty package that installs cups-client.

A housekeeping question. Once I remove an application with Synaptics, such as GIMP, how do I then remove the corresponding menu item. Also, since Debian Image Installer does not do anything now, can it's menu item also be removed?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by HowHH View Post
A housekeeping question. Once I remove an application with Synaptics, such as GIMP, how do I then remove the corresponding menu item. Also, since Debian Image Installer does not do anything now, can it's menu item also be removed?
My intention is to build a little app that synchronizes the Debian and Maemo app menus, but until then, you'll have to manually go to the terminal and type:

Code:
sudo rm /usr/share/applications/hildon/image-install.desktop
sudo rm /usr/share/applications/hildon/gimp.desktop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Good news; Midori doesn't crash in this version! But it's pretty slow on GMail... YouTube is fine.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The "password problem" is actually a bug in the uninstall script of the previous version.

If you were using a previous version (0.6 or older), or you get this error, please do the following:

1. Uninstall all versions of Easy Debian
2. Reboot
3. Install the new version
4. Reboot
5. Try again to start the system
6. Report back; does this work?

Indeed - works - those reboots in the middle solved the problem.

Although I'm bit concerned about n8x0 internal flash speeds.
I'm using large (256MB) swap on mmc1 so I've decided to put easy-debian image on mmc2 (in typical PC based manner).
First feeling is that my previous one (located also on mmc1 - just as swap file) worked bit faster.
I consider starting up OO application like calc.

Anyway - great work Quole!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XTC For This Useful Post:
Hi,
After clicking on the green symbol, I only see a textpage concerning the install and the repo.
In AppMan there's no entry for easy-dec-chroot.
What am I doing wrong?

Karl

Originally Posted by ahli.os View Post
Hi,
After clicking on the green symbol, I only see a textpage concerning the install and the repo.
In AppMan there's no entry for easy-dec-chroot.
What am I doing wrong?

Karl
Just save it to a file, then open it in the app mgr.....

Hi, qole! This is really amazing job! Thank you!
But, I have little question: can you make same image, but without OpenOffice, Firefox and Gimp? I think, some users, like me, dont really want this massive applications, but rather just need access to Debain repository.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shanti For This Useful Post:
Hi Newbie question (so apologies in advance)

You say that the installer can be downloaded to any location, I guess that you will still need to install it on the internal memory card? If so am I better off adjusting my setup so that I boot from my external card?

Thanks

Steve

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, firefox, gimp, java, openoffice