Notices

6 is plenty detailed enough for 99% of navigation. As I said, I've never used 4 or 2, even though I've played with them out of curiosity. The only one I have for potential future use is of Las Vegas, and that's only down to zoom level 4 on the odd chance I might need it. I doubt I will, but I figured to at least have it just in case.

i change my mind about that. I need the whole state i live in..
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
This worked recently for me:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=176

Down to level 2, for the whole US? That strikes me as absurd. Why would you want that? Why would you want level 2 for any area?

Well, for the state I live in, I want to see every street and level 2 is great for that..

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Yeah, level 2 is a bit pointless. Especially the whole USA... why get places you know your never going go. (especially desert parts of the USA lol).

Level 4 is the closest I ever downloaded and it was already detailed enough.

Does anyone have the working url for the google streets?

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Yeah, level 2 is a bit pointless. Especially the whole USA... why get places you know your never going go. (especially desert parts of the USA lol).

Level 4 is the closest I ever downloaded and it was already detailed enough.

Cha, if that's why you're after the zoom level of 2, then you're going to be somewhat disappointed to know that you don't get to see anymore detail at 2 than you do at 6. The only thing that's different is that you get a bit more pinpoint accurate reference to your current location. Otherwise it doesn't show any extra detail. I've verified that around here several times just using the Google Maps API, and I live in a small town with some rather odd streets, and I haven't found any extra stuff available in the level 2 that isn't available in the level 6.

when one downloads map data from within maemo mapper, where is this data stored?

in the small opt application partition, or in the larger data partition?

i realise it is [possible] to store the map data anywhere, but i would rather sew my eyelids together than start building databases and running arcan scripts, i just want to say; "download x.xx GB of data" and have it work.

is this possible?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
when one downloads map data from within maemo mapper, where is this data stored?

in the small opt application partition, or in the larger data partition?

i realise it is [possible] to store the map data anywhere, but i would rather sew my eyelids together than start building databases and running arcan scripts, i just want to say; "download x.xx GB of data" and have it work.

is this possible?
Within Maemo Mapper you set the default path for the storage of maps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia 770, nokia n800