So I'm playing with BTscanner on my nokia 770 using OS2006 and I'm having problem with it, I've installed it through the Application Manager with no problems or failed deps. I also installed the osso-xterm I run BTScanner from command line and it gives me:
"opening the OUI database"
"Reading the OUI database" the screen goes white for a fraction of a second and then it reads "Finished reading the OUI database.

but doesn't give me any information, thoughts?

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
first, you have to have the xterm screen maximized.
second, you have to have the font at 14 or 12 point. try pressing the minus button on the top to "zoom out" a little.
third, i think you have to have the bluetooth device turned on, before you start the app.
last, you may need to be root. not sure on this one.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Originally Posted by brendan View Post
first, you have to have the xterm screen maximized.
second, you have to have the font at 14 or 12 point. try pressing the minus button on the top to "zoom out" a little.
third, i think you have to have the bluetooth device turned on, before you start the app.
last, you may need to be root. not sure on this one.
You're right you do need to be root. ALSO you need to for what ever reason go from full screen to framed, to full screen again. but now it works, thanks so much