Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
A new release of mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.25 has been uploaded to extras-devel repository.
mplayer (1.0rc1-maemo.25) unstable; urgency=low

* Implemented feature request #823 ('A resume play function?'), patch from Vlad Vasiliev
* Decoding at half resolution is now usable ('-lavdopts lowres=1' command line option)
* Fixed issue #2091 ('nokia770 video driver does not get enabled on N810')
* Fixed issue #1962 ('mp4(divx) playing VERY slowly with MPlayer 1.0rc1-maemo.24.n8x0')
* Backported fix for broken audio delay setting in OSD menu from upstream mplayer
* A tweak for ALSA sound output code for better A2DP support suggested by 'rm_you'
* Some initial ARM11 VFP optimizations (floating point vorbis decoder 'ffvorbis' is
now almost as fast as fixed point 'tremor' decoder), more optimizations are expected
in the next releases
If no regressions are reported within a reasonable time, it will be moved to extras repository.

Alternatively below are the links to .deb files (they can be only used to upgrade mplayer from version .24, fresh install will fail with missing dependencies).

OS2006: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ree/m/mplayer/
OS2007 (does not work on OS2007HE!): http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ree/m/mplayer/
OS2008 (does not work on OS2008HE!): http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ree/m/mplayer/

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this new version!

I noticed that mplayer still doesn't remember the volume level. Everytime I start mplayer the volume level starts at 100%. This behavior was already mentioned in the "mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.21 thread" and I think it was fixed with .23 and reappeared in .24 version.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Would it be possible to add support for passing additional command line options in the GMPlauncher and if an srt file has the same name as the avi//mpg, it will autoload the subs?

Thank you.

mplayer already autoloads srt files with matching names. But
this new version has disabled the keyboard shortcuts! Having
f for full screen, p for pause + many others (esp sound track
sync adjustment) was very useful. This is on an N810 btw.

also found window mode (as opposed to full screen) does not
work quite right in kde ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albright For This Useful Post:
Serge,

Thank you very much for your work on mplayer. The new version does indeed work much better for divx files.

The only problem I still see is that flv files downloaded from youtube play with a HUGE audio delay. The delay starts at a few seconds and then increases to 1+ minute, making the video absolutely unwatchable.

The video is encoded in FLV1 320x240 at 29.970 fps. The audio is mp3 (22050 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 64 kbit/s). mad audio codec is used.

I can send you a video sample, although I think that all youtube videos are affected.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post
Thanks for this new version!

I noticed that mplayer still doesn't remember the volume level. Everytime I start mplayer the volume level starts at 100%. This behavior was already mentioned in the "mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.21 thread" and I think it was fixed with .23 and reappeared in .24 version.
Not only every time you start mplayer, but also every time you load a new file in slave mode.

Another small problem is that many of the demo .avi videos included with N810 have an incorrect aspect ratio in mplayer. One example is Video/Majakka.avi.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by albright View Post
mplayer already autoloads srt files with matching names. But
this new version has disabled the keyboard shortcuts! Having
f for full screen, p for pause + many others (esp sound track
sync adjustment) was very useful. This is on an N810 btw.

also found window mode (as opposed to full screen) does not
work quite right in kde ...
Does it? Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

Hi Serge,

i am using 2007HE. Which version should i install?
thank you
Rachid

Originally Posted by rachid View Post
Hi Serge,

i am using 2007HE. Which version should i install?
thank you
Rachid
You don't.
OS2007 (does not work on OS2007HE!)

Downgrade to OS2006 and install that. Or maybe you can install the OS2006 version on OS2007HE?

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-02-22 at 11:18.