Active Topics

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
Selling my Jolla C, perfect condition.

Preferably personal collection (for Warsaw or Cracow residents, PL),
shipment to other EU countries is an option too.
Price is 185 € + shipping costs.

Also selling my N9 (64GB, black, scratched screen corner) Can provide photos if anyone's interested.

Last edited by prosper; 2016-08-22 at 14:38. Reason: device sold

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
What's your asking price for the N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
that would be 120€ + shipping cost
Box + all accessories included. 2 chargers to choose from: white AC-16 Type G (UK) or standard black Type C. Original rubber case + two additional black leather cases + earplugs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Out of curiosity, did you pay 185 euros for the phone in the first place? Or are you making some profit out of it?

The Following User Says Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
Out of curiosity, did you pay 185 euros for the phone in the first place? Or are you making some profit out of it?
Well I think making a small profit isn't immoral.
For your interest I paid for my Jolla C 162 €. So probably there is a small profit in, but it is still a fair price, so who cares.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
For this device, and for what it represents, yes it is immoral in my opinion. So people just bought it, knowing that the demand will be big enough, so that they can sell it as soon as they can. This is immoral for a community program designed specifically for people supporting Jolla. But this is just my opinion of course.

As with everything, be it second hand, it should lose min. 50% of its value, so this being used should be sold for 80 euros. And for what it is worth, I think no one should buy Jolla C from people who only bought it to resell it and make profit. They should get any other Sailfish OS 2.0 device, like Fairphone etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I think no one should buy Jolla C from people who only bought it to resell it and make profit.
This!

Morality is bendable at will. But whether it is moral or not to try reselling at profit will become moot if people stop supporting it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This!

Morality is bendable at will. But whether it is moral or not to try reselling at profit will become moot if people stop supporting it.
I am the last to preach morality in general

But when it comes to Jolla C and how it is being treated lately in couple of threads, I have a very strong opinion about it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I am the last to preach morality in general

But when it comes to Jolla C and how it is being treated lately in couple of threads, I have a very strong opinion about it.
Sure, so when someone finally appears selling Jolla C for a very reasonable price (which 185EUR definitely is), let's attack them too!

I think that this witch-hunt needs to stop. No one is making you buy it, so just don't. This kind of hostile behavior will have only one effect - the devices will end up on eBay, going to random buyers instead of being utilized in this community.

Plus it's not like it is a limited device - as I mentioned in the other thread, anyone can buy the nearly identical Intex Aqua Fish for ~73EUR so if anyone wants to buy/sell a fancy red plastic cover for more, why should we harass them?

The worst that can happen is that these devices end up in the hands of people who actually appreciate them and value them more than the original owners.

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-08-22 at 08:28.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
As with everything, be it second hand, it should lose min. 50% of its value, so this being used should be sold for 80 euros.
Did you make some research, or is it just your wishful thinking? This is a "Buy & Sell" section, not "Charity & Distribution".

If I play with the device for let's say a week, is it automatically worn-out & looses 50% of it's value? Thanks to such defenders of morality there are more devices being sold on ebay.

I can assure you that my "profit" will go back to developers straight away.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post: